Had one handicap shopping in my quest for a bear of Madrid t-shirt.My esposo does not like to shop, browse or linger in stores. He enjoyed himself thoroughly in Madrid, but I had to scan out quickly at small shops and vendors. Even did a solo morning searching about.

I was looking for El oso y El madrono. the shield of the city which shows a bear putting his paws on a tree.

I tried. Puerta de Alcalá., vendors in another part of Retiro, Plaza Mayor area, Puerta de Sol. Lots of bulls on shirts, no bear. Only found key rings with Da Bear. confused

So where can you find a nice t-shirt with El Oso? Not a joke shirt with a bear and a beer (though it's prob. a marketing idea, remember you heard it here first) but a good reproduction of that shield. Yes I tried Corte Ingles Bulls again. In Sevilla: I was dying to find a T-shirt that said "no8do".

Actually the 8 is not really an 8. It is a rebus of sorts that spells out "no me ha dejado" I found one with a picture of La Giralda plus "no8do" and Sevilla, Spain But I really wanted just that saying because it was ...mysterious. Strike out. frown

Pues. . . I think I will be busy downloading some graphics and see what I can set up.

Right now I am thinking up a Barcelona t-shirt with Paral.lel and Diagonal and a touch of Gracia Maybe some wavey lines representing Casa Battló or the Ramblas.