Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#47545 - 06/16/05 11:49 AM Bank of America fees...
Granadina80 Offline

Loc: Granada as of 9/12
I've been having trouble finding info on Bank of America debit cards. Anyone know what they charge for using their card at an ATM in Spain???

#47546 - 06/16/05 07:30 PM Re: Bank of America fees...
Goneabroad Offline

Loc: Sacramento soon to be Madrid
Most banks are currently charging $5 a pop when you take out money from the ATM. If your lucky, your bank might charge $3, but I doubt it.

#47547 - 06/16/05 09:31 PM Re: Bank of America fees...
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Your bio does not say what part of the country you are from, but I use Compass bank. They have free worldwide ATM fees. They will also reimburse their customers for charges from another bank, anywhere in the world. wink

Have fun and stay safe. cool

#47548 - 06/17/05 10:25 PM Re: Bank of America fees...
Granadina80 Offline

Oohhh I hate banks. I'm in NC, so I guess Compass is out of the question. I wouldn't mind moving to Arizona just for that wonderful-sounding bank!! It's good to know that there's still one in the world! smile

#47549 - 06/18/05 09:06 AM Re: Bank of America fees...
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Compass bank is based in Alabama, possibly you could call their home office and see what name they operate under in your part of the country. If you shop around, I am sure you will find a bank that still know what the words "customer service mean." cool cool

#47550 - 06/18/05 06:58 PM Re: Bank of America fees...
Granadina80 Offline

They'll reimburse you for other banks' fees?! That sounds almost too good to be true! I'm definitely going to look into it! Thanks for the help!

#47551 - 06/20/05 04:47 PM Re: Bank of America fees...
lindah Offline

Loc: Seattle
When I checked with them in May, Bank of America told me that they charge $5 per ATM use at an international ATM that is not a part of their "Global ATM alliance" (which is only at certain banks in 5 countries - France, Mexico, Canada...and I can't remember the rest).

If the other bank doesn't work out, I'd try joining a credit union. I used my credit union atm card multiple times in Spain and wasn't charged any ATM fees, neither by my bank or the Spanish bank. Of course, credit unions differ on charges, so I'd check with them first about their fees before signing on smile .

-Linda

#47552 - 06/20/05 10:10 PM Re: Bank of America fees...
Granadina80 Offline

I shall check into that! smile I see you're from Seattle.. was just there last weekend for my brother's wedding up in Winthrop at Sun Mountain Lodge. Beautiful area!

#47553 - 06/24/05 04:24 PM Re: Bank of America fees...
lindah Offline

Loc: Seattle
Good luck on your search Granadina! I also thought I'd mention that I saw this bankrate.com article on Yahoo regarding credit card purchases in foreign countries and thought you might be interested. I've seen this topic on other messages before, but I thought I'd post since this article seems to be new.

And, Seattle is definitely a nice area. I'm glad you liked it. Sadly, I haven't really traveled much outside of the Seattle area to other parts of WA, but I hope to smile !

-Linda

#47554 - 10/13/05 02:23 PM Re: Bank of America fees...
midvale Offline

Loc: Madrid: Arguelles
I´ve heard from some other students that Deusche (sp?) Bank does not charge fees to BOA customers. There is one on Gran Via, in the general area of Fuencarral, in Madrid if you feel like trying it out.

I signed up for a Santander account because they are everywhere in Madrid. Don´t know about the rest of Spain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments