Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47525 - 05/23/05 01:36 AM Buying Stuff for cheap
momof4 Offline

Loc: CA
Hey, i'm goin' to Spain with my family in june. During the trip i planned on doing some shopping. Do things cost less in Spain, like CDs? Movies? Games? Anything really. Just need to know how much money i should bring.

#47526 - 05/23/05 06:35 AM Re: Buying Stuff for cheap
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
CDs, movies, and games ALL cost MORE in Spain than in the USA at least. But keep in mind that movies bought in Europe won't likely work in your video machine in North America as Europe is on a different coding system. Some, however, (like me) have a multi-region DVD player.

Great shopping gifts might include some products easily & cheaply found in Dia, Maxcoop, or other smaller grocery stores throughout Spain. Some things I always buy include coffee (in the brick), anchovy-stuffed green olives, olive oil, chocolate, mussels/berberechos/other-canned-seafoods, and possibly even saffron.

Foreign foods & snacks are always good gifts because they're so unusual. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#47527 - 05/23/05 08:03 AM Re: Buying Stuff for cheap
albert Offline

Loc: madrid
How much money you should bring is a very difficult and personal question to answer. it mainly depends on your budget.

If you want to spend money, there's not doubt that you can spend lots of money here.

As an example, you can go to the typical gift shops, were a "made in china" fan can cost you 3€ and a real handcrafted fan made in spain can cost up to 30€.

Like Madridman said, forget about the high tec stuff, because most likely it won't work back home, and it's more expensive anyways. He really gave you some good ideas to spend on.

If your into expensive or high end stuff, there are alot of internationally recognized Spanish designer clothes which always made great gifts and there are also very good art painters that you can invest in.

So really how much money you need to bring all depends on how much money you really want to spend. Whatever you do, set yourself a budget on what you can afford to spend and go for it.

Enjoy your stay

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments