Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#475 - 09/27/00 11:28 AM October 6/7/8 - Whats going on ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can anybody tell me why I can't get any accomodation for these days ? I have tried a range of hotels from expensive to cheap but have had no joy. Is there something going on on these days.

#476 - 09/27/00 02:11 PM Re: October 6/7/8 - Whats going on ?
BobPhat Offline

Loc: Minneapolis,MN
Dude, Don't worry about reserving something...You will DEFINITELY find something...take the metro to Puerta Del Sol and you'll find a place within 10 minutes....especially if you want to stay for 3 days....Have a blast!!!!

#477 - 09/27/00 03:31 PM Re: October 6/7/8 - Whats going on ?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Rodder65 - go to the listing of hostels and other lodging - there's a bunch to pull from - but you will need reservations - keep trying. I think I saw in one of the threads that there is a convention of some sort in Madrid during this time frame ....

[This message has been edited by Puna (edited 09-27-2000).]

#478 - 09/27/00 03:50 PM Re: October 6/7/8 - Whats going on ?
connie Offline

If you can, continue to try to reserve a place- I would NOT trust in easily finding something at that time of the year! Check Antonio's posting under HOSTELS BOOKED HELP who explains that it is a very, very busy time and it might be extremely difficult to find accomodation. Have you tried "availability search" under http://www.hotelsearch.com/city/madrid.html ?- you can indicate the dates, the time you need the room for, and your price range, and the system will indicate you which places have still available rooms that match your needs.

[This message has been edited by connie (edited 09-27-2000).]

#479 - 09/27/00 04:29 PM Re: October 6/7/8 - Whats going on ?
connie Offline

In case he is not talking about Madrid, hotelsearch has an availability search feature for Barcelona as well: www.hotelsearch.com/city/barcelona.html

#480 - 09/27/00 04:39 PM Re: October 6/7/8 - Whats going on ?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Should we assume that rodder65 is asking about Madrid?? Maybe we should since MadridMan.com is a Madrid-focused website, but the message board is all of Spain. However, *assuming* we're talking about Madrid, I just did a quick search using Connie's link above and only found ONE hotel in the 5000-9990pts price range (nothing in the cheapest range less than 5000pts) and that was the ApartHotel Tribunal . I went to their website, checked availability AGAIN and guess what, they DO have rooms for these nights (only doubles), but the price 12600pts. per night. Youch!

What's going on?? The Feria de Otoño (bullfighting festival) is going on as well as a jewelry convention and who knows what else. As Antonio has said, October is the hostel's (and maybe all tourism-related business') busiest month of the year.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#481 - 09/27/00 06:21 PM Re: October 6/7/8 - Whats going on ?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Rodder65,

Try to book in advance. Otherwise, it's going to be really difficult to find accommodation in Madrid.

There is the bullfighting festival, a beauty fair (the jewellery one was in September) and I don't know what other events. What I can tell you for sure it's that all hostels I know are currently really busy.

You may be lucky and find the last available room in a hostel but I wouldn't risk to come to Madrid on a Friday and try to find accommodation during September or October.

As for the Tribunal appartments, I would like to say that they are extremely expensive and that's why they may have still vacancies.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#482 - 09/28/00 05:10 AM Re: October 6/7/8 - Whats going on ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the Madrid advice everybody. I think I have got something sorted but it's gonna cost me. Flights booked so I have no choice.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BeckyK10, jonprice
Who's Online
0 registered (), 163 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments