Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4740 - 10/10/02 03:14 PM Hostal Hill in Barcelona
Tia Offline

Hereīs a review from Hostal Hill . Itīs a cheap hostel in C/Provenįa 323, a cross street to Avinguda Diagonal some blocks away from La Sagrada Familia. The hostel itself has a very basic standard, but itīs clean and the staff is friendly. There are maybe ten rooms totally and not all of the have a shower/toilet in the room. Our room was quite big and the bathroom with a shower was satisfactory. The towels are changed every second day and they serve coffee in the morning. There is a refrigerator available; and a computer with access to the internet (0,5 €/10 minutes = quite expencive). If youīre looking for inexpencive accomodation (48 € + IVA for a double room with bath) and donīt demand a great deal Hostal Hill is a good choice.

The area is quiet since itīs not right in the touristic city centre. Itīs located near the metro station Verdagüer or if you prefer walking it takes maybe 15 minutes to walk to Plaįa Catalunya.

#4741 - 10/10/02 03:18 PM Re: Hostal Hill in Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hey! Thanks a lot, Tia! I really appreciate that! I thought I knew of all the hostels in Barcelona already and you've surprised me! I wonder if they're new to the internet. Either way, good luck to them and thank you for your review. Oh, by the way, here are some standard questions I like to ask for new reviews.

1) Does the hostel have an elevator?
2) Is there someone there who speaks English?
3) Do they accept credit cards?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4742 - 10/10/02 04:09 PM Re: Hostal Hill in Barcelona
Tia Offline

My pleasure, MM!

I have no idea how old this hostel is. I just surfed on itīs homepage by chance.

1) Yes, there is a small old-fashioned elevator with two doors that you have to "close by hand" if you understand what I mean. The hostal is situated on the 3rd floor and the traffic (even if itīs not that noisy) doesnīt disturb at all.

2) They do speak both English and Spanish, but I must admit that they were a bit confused, when my sister, who doesnīt speak Spanish that well, spoke English to them and I prefered practising my Spanish laugh

3) When I reserved the room I gave them my VISA number, but when we left I paid in cash since I had so many €uros left. So I canīt guarantee that they accept credit cards, but I suppose so.

The biggest disadvantage is that you have to pay for at least one night if you cancel your reservation. If you cancel 72 hours before they charge you for 2 nights (50% if you cancel at your arrival or 100% if you neither arrive nor cancel).

#4743 - 10/10/02 05:55 PM Re: Hostal Hill in Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It seems they have a 3-night minimum requirement too. And yes! Lots of penalties for cancellation. (i.e. charges to the credit card required for reserations) That's got to hurt business. Looks like a nice enough place though. I think it's very close to the hotel where we stayed during Semana Santa 1998. And yes, it was a nice, more residential area. QUITE nice. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments