Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47374 - 11/30/04 08:20 PM How much $ should i bring to Spain?
ninas Offline

Loc: Boston,Massachusetts U.S.A
HEY EVERYONE! I plan to visit spain in august of 2005 but do not know what the appropiate amount to bring should be,I don't want to bring too much but i want to bring anouph to travel and have fun. if i bring,lets say....$2000 do you think that would be anouph? i also don't want to go crazy buying things, are there any places to buy inexpensive but valuable items? for anyone who writes back, thanks for your input. laugh

#47375 - 11/30/04 09:16 PM Re: How much $ should i bring to Spain?
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Hi!
It really depends on lots of factors. How long will u be in spain? Do you plan to travel within spain? Do you intend to go out at night and booze it up? Do you plan to eat out big everynight? And from what country are u from? If your American bring.... ALOT! The Euro is climbing every second.
by August 2005 the Euro can be as high as $20 to one American (I joke of course :p )
$2000 seems cool but are u including
hotel / hostal?

#47376 - 11/30/04 10:29 PM Re: How much $ should i bring to Spain?
ninas Offline

Loc: Boston,Massachusetts U.S.A
Well, JoeSambuca i havn't really thought about that! i'm staying for a month in august and do want to visit some places, but not to get drunk, maybe buy some things,to tell you the truth i want to act just like anyone else who lives in spain not like a tourist, that way i can fully experience spain through the eyes' of its' inhabitants. i really hope the dollar doesn't go down too much because i don't want to go for broke eek hey do you know what happened to the euro? i mean wasn't the dollar the highest ....oh well, maybe i'm wrong!by the way i live in the U.S.A but am not american. smile

#47377 - 02/16/05 09:34 AM Re: How much $ should i bring to Spain?
Jay Gantvoort Offline

Loc: Madrid via Seattle
Ninas, $2K should be about right for your stay here, are you staying in hostels? As for shopping, a good place to shop is the flee market called the "Rastro", I believe the metro stop called "La Latina" is pretty close to it and its only open on Sunday's from 10AM to 3 PM. As for the Euro vs the dollar, for us Yanks living over here and working, we were taking a royal beating the past few monts. But in the last 2 weeks, the dollar has come back a bit. Also, in August it will be hot here, it will probably be in the upper 90's most days, so dress accordingly. For getting around, suggest the "Vison Quest" busses that run through the tourist spots in the city. Our favorite store here is called "The Toledo Store", its near the Prado Museum and they have all kinds of neat things. Also, the Prado museum, the BIG art museum and a must-see, is free on Sunday's and usually not very crowded. Any help I can give you just send me an Email, been here now for 18 months and there are quite a few of us Americans living/working here.

One more note, don't bring traveler's checks, they are a royal pain to cash! Also, there are plenty of cash machines over here.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments