Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47340 - 10/05/04 07:17 AM Good Malls in Spain "Centros Comerciales"
Spanadian Offline

Loc: Spain
Hi there,

Anybody know of any really good malls in Spain? I'm talking large and clean, with a selection of good stores and restaurants. Newer is better.

I know of a few "Centros Comerciales" in the Madrid area here so is my recommendations:

- San Sebastion De Los Reyes (they are building a new giant mall there near existing "power center" stores like Ikea).

-The new Corte Inglés near San Chinarro (Huge, new & fantastic!)

-Xanadu in Arroyomolinos (haven't been there yet but I hear it's nice)

- Nassica near Getafe (factory outlet stores, restaurants and the best movie theaters I've ever seen anywhere: Ciné Cité).

Anybody like to add to this list? It can be anywhere in Spain as long as it's a top notch facility.

Spanadian.

#47341 - 10/05/04 08:52 AM Re: Good Malls in Spain "Centros Comerciales"
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Shiny and new Megapark in Bilbao, the biggest mall in northern Spain.

#47342 - 10/05/04 10:29 AM Re: Good Malls in Spain "Centros Comerciales"
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
The new Centro Comercial In puerto del sol in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands. It is a huge 5 story mall built right next to the water in the main port in Las Palmas. Top story is a food court with outdoor seating overlooking the city. At night, the centro comercial looks like a large cruise ship. Absolutely beautiful, with many fantastic stores. Definitely one of my favorites.

#47343 - 10/05/04 01:39 PM Re: Good Malls in Spain "Centros Comerciales"
liatris Offline

Loc: Glenoma WA USA
Oh boy! My son just left for Las Palmas....I'll be going to get him in two years! I'll put this centro comercial on my tour for sure!!!

Liatris in Washington where the Mountain just snorted out some ash.

#47344 - 10/05/04 02:35 PM Re: Good Malls in Spain "Centros Comerciales"
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Liatris, I sent you a private message.

#47345 - 10/09/04 11:10 PM Re: Good Malls in Spain "Centros Comerciales"
PrincesitaDeVA Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
I went to Spain this summer and went to a few malls but I can only remember the name of two.

Dos Mares-San Javier (Murcia)-I know this is a new mall because my friend who lives there told me all about it and we went to it several times while I was there. It doesn't have a ton of stores but it has a decent amount along with a movie theater.

El Corte Ingles-Murcia-This is not what I consider a mall but I was told it was a mall. It has floor after floor of clothes, book stores, etc. Along with my fav. store "Pull and Bear"

#47346 - 11/17/04 09:44 AM Re: Good Malls in Spain "Centros Comerciales"
epaulino4 Offline

Loc: USA
Spanadian

Hola!

How do I get to this malls (near Madrid) from Puerta del Sol area?

Also, I will love to go to "Las Rozas" using train or bus.

Thanks

Elvira

#47347 - 12/19/04 10:51 AM Re: Good Malls in Spain "Centros Comerciales"
el viajero Offline

Hi, epaulino4 --

From downtown Madrid, the easiest-to-reach really nice, large mall is probably La Vaguada, in the Barrio del Pilar in northern Madrid. By easy-to-reach I mean a couple of subway rides totaling 45 minutes.

I was up in that neighborhood to see a show at the Teatro de Madrid and wandered through the mall. I was either impressed or depressed to find something that seemed just like one of our larger, local indoor suburban malls here in the States.

I also remember seeing a mall in or around Pozuelo, in the Madrid suburbs, accessible via one of the Cercanias trains. But I never got off at that stop and don't know what the mall is like. I think that *might* be the Las Rozas mall you mentioned, but I'm not sure.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments