Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47333 - 08/31/04 11:29 AM Madrid Antique Shops?
wahcow Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi, can anyone help me by telling me where i can find antique shops in Madrid ? I am looking for Stamps, coins, postcards, or anything old smile ......sort of a fetish for things things...hahahha Cheers

#47334 - 08/31/04 01:21 PM Re: Madrid Antique Shops?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Well well wahcow. You probably know this already but Madrid has LOADS of old stamps and coins on the Plaza Mayor on... when(?) .. Sunday mornings (?? someone correct me, please) and El Rastro in/around the Lavapies neighborhood on Sunday mornings is where you'll like lots of junk.. errr.. I mean.. ANTIQUES. heehe.. wink "Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder", eh? El Rastro is more FLEA market than Antique shops but hopefully you'll find more antiques than fleas. hehehe.. laugh

Best of luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#47335 - 09/06/04 11:53 AM Re: Madrid Antique Shops?
wahcow Offline

thanks !! just been there this sunday....whoa...many people are selling stamps and such....true...beauty is in the eye of the beholder hahahaha.....but the prices are quite high for the really good ones......

and saw some chinese setting up stalls for messages.....do they really know what they are doing ??

#47336 - 09/12/04 06:48 AM Re: Madrid Antique Shops?
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Our very modest boardmember, Barry, also has an antique shop on Calle Huertas. I don´t know if he sells stamps there, but it sure looked nice from the outside.

Barry, were your ears ringing on Friday night? PIM and I checked out your store from the outside with Jo while we were out to dinner! It´s been awhile since I last saw you!! wink

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments