Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#47314 - 08/31/04 09:04 AM Re: Madrid: Sphygmomanometer shopping? (blood pressure meter)
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
My medical dictionary says it is a "esfigmotonometro" with an accent over the second to last "o."

#47315 - 08/31/04 11:45 AM Re: Madrid: Sphygmomanometer shopping? (blood pressure meter)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, I beleive you misspelt it, I tried that word in Google.es and it finds nothing but offers me "esfigmomanometro" where I find a lot of entries. smile

#47316 - 08/31/04 12:54 PM Re: Madrid: Sphygmomanometer shopping? (blood pressure meter)
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Hummm confused , maybe because the 1970 Spanish supplement to the three language Veillon/Nobel Medical Dictionary (English/German/French) we have in my office doesn't have the English spelled "sphygmomanometer" but rather "sphygmomotometer" (item 34936). Google seach in English wants to spell it "sphygmomonometer," and doesn't find the medical dictionary spelling. My 1960 edition of Webster's New World Dictionary has "sphygmomanometer" too. But who really cares as long as the farmacia has one you can buy however it is spelled!

#47317 - 09/13/04 04:58 AM Re: Madrid: Sphygmomanometer shopping? (blood pressure meter)
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Ignacio

The pharmacist's sister wasn't very nice, so I didn't get to buy a sphyg %^$#&&^%&^%&%thing wink

Thanks for everyone's advice and help though. It was an interesting challenge which I enjoyed. The ones I found were way to expensive, but it was fun trying to have a sensible discussion in the shops cool

A relaxing day ahead after 5 days of hyperactivity, today we are going to chill by the swimming pool at Casa de Campo cool ... who knows, maybe someone will have a thingy to sell there? :p

OK I'm off before I write more rubbish!

Jo

#47318 - 09/13/04 08:04 AM Re: Madrid: Sphygmomanometer shopping? (blood pressure meter)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Jo-Anne,

I came back on saturday as projected, although with a huge jet-lag and a headache.

I am sorry I didn't feel yesterday like meeting anybody. Sorry about the sphyg %^$#&&^%&^%&%thing. laugh

I leave this very afternoon for Chekia and Poland, so I won't be able to row with you at the Casa de Campo lake. :p

I won't see you this time, I am afraid. frown

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments