Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47260 - 03/31/04 12:20 PM Madrid: Malls
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
I know, it's terrible, but since I'm only going for a week, I need to go to a shopping place where I can see many stores.

Has anyone ever gone to El Centro Comercial La Vaguada? Supposedly, it's northwest of the city but boasts 350 shops. Anyone?

Thanks!

#47261 - 03/31/04 12:36 PM Re: Madrid: Malls
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
La Vaguada is perhaps the place you are seeking. It has lots of shops and a couple of big stores. It is also easily reachable (by subway, taxi, bus,...).

Fernando

#47262 - 04/15/04 10:19 PM Re: Madrid: Malls
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
That mall is very good to see a big variety of stores. However, just walking up and down the streets near Puerta del Sol is also a great way to see the stores. There's always tons of places in Madrid to go shpping.

#47263 - 04/17/04 09:33 AM Re: Madrid: Malls
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
La Vagauda is about as close to a US-style mall as you can get. Just watch out for purse snatchers and pickpockets. We often go to the movies there, but the inclusion of commercials at the beginning of the movie is making me want to just rent DVDs. I am waiting for the commercials to start interrupting the movie, then it will be just like paying a lot for watching a huge TV!

#47264 - 04/19/04 11:56 AM Re: Madrid: Malls
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Martin, are there outlet type malls in Madrid? I know there are some in other European countries, Italy has wonderful ones in Tuscany.
Gracias,
Booklady

#47265 - 04/21/04 12:28 PM Re: Madrid: Malls
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
There were two threads on the outlet malls near Madrid in May 2002. I think the basic info was that they weren't that much cheaper and they were difficult to get to by public transit.

#47266 - 05/15/04 05:34 AM Re: Madrid: Malls
Skunk Offline

Loc: Madrid
You should check Las Rozas Village, it is sited in the near city from Madrid Las Rozas, but you will need to get there by car or taxi ( I don't know if there is public transportation to this mall)
You will love it as there are losts of differents shops in an unic atmosfere for shopping and you will be very surprised about the prices as lots of shops shells outlet stock.
check this URL http://www.lasrozasvillage.com/

#47267 - 05/15/04 08:26 AM Re: Madrid: Malls
Skunk Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi, me again, if you visit the url listed in my previus post you'll find the way to get there by public transport ( is aslo abailable in english)

You can go sopping to to this mall http://www.millsmadridxanadu.com/ callled Madrid Xanadu is some kilimetres from Madrid, but you'll be able to ski in August

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments