MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#47238 - 05/19/04 10:05 PM Re: food
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I love peanut butter too, with grape jam (never JELLY, Chica!) on soft wheat bread. Cut into triangles, of course!

When Cristina, our exchange student from Madrid, lived with us in high school, she fell deeply and passionately in love with peanut butter. She put it on EVERYTHING--including, memorably, a tuna sandwich.

She also gained about 10 pounds during the summer she lived with us--due, I am sure, to the PB!

I adore Nocilla too--on those little Maria cookies. I used to keep a tube of those and a jar of Nocilla in my residencia in Salamanca--mmmm!!! With the Maria cookies, you don't need a knife, either. Just dip and enjoy!

#47239 - 05/19/04 10:57 PM Re: food
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
I guess I should say that I eat peanut butter with strawberry jam or preserves. As far as grape jelly...the only way I eat it...is on a sandwich with cream cheese.

Sheryl

#47240 - 05/20/04 09:50 AM Re: food
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
If you are comming to madrid, you can find all that, marmite , pancake mix, ......in some places. For example in the "Boutique del Gourmet" of Serrano´s Corte Ingles (the building that has the books...the shop in the other is smaller).

You will be able to find anything shopping in the delicatessen shops in Madrid, nevertheless pricing will be another story.

Take into account that the spanish brands produce a lot of these products too, (not marmite, but pankakes, and other stuff....)and they will score a better price-quality ratio than the imported ones.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments