Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#47006 - 05/27/03 10:46 PM Sandals for a girl - question about styles
that_girl Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I am having the hardest time finding sandals in San Francisco for my upcoming trip to Spain.

My main problem is with all the "open heel" ie "mules" or "slides" (you know, those shoes without any heel covering) that are so trendy now. There are some really cute ones, but in no way do they suit my style, nor do they stay on my feet! Plus, I cannot stand flip-flops or the sound heel-back-less shoes make "flip flop flip flop" ugh - it's so un-cool (in my opinion).

Are these types of shoes just as trendy in Madrid or Granada as in San Francisco? Will I get to Spain and find only these types of sandals?

I have a terrific pair of 1960s Italian leather sandals that look a bit Greek that would be perfect except the sole of one of the shoes is cracking and they might not last the full month of July. I wish so much that I could find something like these: flat soles, 90% leather, good foot covering, but open toes, sides and heels with a little strap going around the heel and a buckle on the side.

So, my question, is it possible to find stylish, leather, flat soled, heel-strapped open toe sandals in Madrid?

Gracias de antemano
...Syd

#47007 - 05/27/03 11:22 PM Re: Sandals for a girl - question about styles
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Syd, yes, you will find the most gorgerous shoes in Madrid! Go to Calle Preciados near Sol and shop till you drop! After Italy, spain has the most stylish shoes one can find on the planet!

By all means, wait and buy your shoes in Madrid!
wink

#47008 - 05/27/03 11:48 PM Re: Sandals for a girl - question about styles
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Oh my GOSH! You should bring an extra bag for the shoes you can buy in Spain! I usually go with a list of what I need, and let myself lose in Sol in Madrid and then all around Granada!! You can find any type of shoe there, and they're usually ahead of the style trend than us too!

-Happy Shopping!! rolleyes

GG

#47009 - 05/28/03 08:03 AM Re: Sandals for a girl - question about styles
Snoo Offline

Loc: Mississippi
However.........
You have not mentioned your shoe size. This could possibly be a problem for you if you are not in that "small to average" category.

#47010 - 05/28/03 09:51 AM Re: Sandals for a girl - question about styles
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
Shoes is "THE THING" to shop for in Spain! Sandals, dress shoes, heels of all heights etc. The only shoe I can think of buying at home is the runners/tennis/hiking runner. My wife & I always buy shoes in Madrid. As someone said before it depends what size you are. This extends to the body too!! The fashions are incredible and varied. My advice shop around and don't buy the first thing you see. Write down the name/address of the store you can always go back if you find nothing better.
I agree with the open back shoes, sure they look great buy are very inconvient when moving along at a brisk pace. A compromise would be an open back show that has a strap around the heel. Oh, I hate to say this but according to my wife, the ladies under garments purchased in spain are superior. Something else for you ladies to shop for. wink
See you in Madrid (We leave in less than 24 hrs!!!

#47011 - 05/28/03 10:19 AM Re: Sandals for a girl - question about styles
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
There are few things as painful as reading about(and remembering) all the wonderful shoes available in Spain while looking down at size 8EE feet! If you are not able to fit in most shoes at most stores in the US, then you are likely to be like me....pressing your nose up against the escaparate with a single tear rolling down your cheek!

#47012 - 05/28/03 11:49 AM Re: Sandals for a girl - question about styles
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
worse still is living here...seeing the wonderful shoe styles here and knowing:

1- they would never work with my body type

2- size 10B .... ha ha ha they just look at me as if I were from another planet when I tell them my shoe size. frown

#47013 - 05/28/03 03:19 PM Re: Sandals for a girl - question about styles
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Chica, I'm sitting here with my Massey's catalog and every single shoe comes in 10B! I think I singlehandedly keep this company in business!

My worst experience was gong to a shoe store and asking if they had anything in my size. The clerk said he could paint a shoe box for me. Cute, huh?

#47014 - 05/28/03 04:10 PM Re: Sandals for a girl - question about styles
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I hear you la maestra. 10B is a relatively "common" shoe size in the States. But here in Spain, a totally different story!!!

Does Massey´s have an online division?

#47015 - 05/28/03 04:57 PM Re: Sandals for a girl - question about styles
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

No, and if they did I'm afraid the shipping costs would be prohibitive. They have a fax, though, in case you are really desperate!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments