Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#46935 - 03/18/03 01:50 AM Madrid:Rodriguez y Hijos guitarra ?
timandmaria2 Offline

Loc: Bakersfield, California
Speaking of guitars, I'm looking for information on Rodriguez y Hijos guitar for my father. He has played since the age of fifteen; at seventy his original one gave out on him and now he will be in Madrid to purchase one. Can anyone please tell me where he can find a Rodriguez y Hijos guitar? He would greatly appreciate this, since it is his passion to play guitar and insist in looking for a Rodriguez y Hijos classical guitar.
Thanks!!!!

#46936 - 03/21/03 10:12 AM Re: Madrid:Rodriguez y Hijos guitarra ?
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Is that Manuel Rodriguez e Hijos ? They're at Calle Hortaleza, 26 (Madrid).
email manuel.jr@guitars-m-r-sons.com

#46937 - 03/21/03 12:07 PM Re: Madrid:Rodriguez y Hijos guitarra ?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hey! Calle de Hortaleza, 26 (see 4 photos of the building at that address + map on the QDQ.com site HERE - in 2 of the 4 photos of the front you can see 2 or 3 cops standing outside on the sidewalk with their arms folded, looking at the camera) is only a few doors from Hostal Chelo ! What a coincidence!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#46938 - 03/21/03 06:40 PM Re: Madrid:Rodriguez y Hijos guitarra ?
timandmaria2 Offline

Thanks a lot you guys!!! The information on Manuel Rodriguez e Hijos is sufficient and my father is going to be sooooo excited!!!

Also, what a coincidence to have the guitar store so close to hostal Chelo! Who would have known, unless one came across the guitar store in the neighborhood or happens to be one of the locals.

This is great!!! I'm just as excited for my father, and the information will save us time during our trip in September. I appreciate the web site links too!!!

Thanks a million!!!

#46939 - 03/21/03 11:54 PM Re: Madrid:Rodriguez y Hijos guitarra ?
FredMaine Offline

Loc: Maine USA
You have excellent taste. I played my first Rodrigues y Hijos guitar last week at a local guitar store. It was by far the finest classical instrument I have ever played in my 30 years as a guitarist. The guitar I played was a Model 2945 selling for $545. MUCH better instrument than guitars selling for MANY thousands of dollars. Not only was the sound extraordinarily rich, but it also had a very buttery soft feel and very confortable on the hand muscles. I will be in Madrid next weekend and again April 14. I definitely will be buying a M. Rodriguez y Hijos guitar when I am in Madrid.

#46940 - 03/24/03 09:13 PM Re: Madrid:Rodriguez y Hijos guitarra ?
timandmaria2 Offline

Very interesting Fredmaine that you find Rodriguez e Hijos guitars to be a fine quality instrument. My father has been playing guitar since the age of 15, and at 70 he continues to be very inclined to play nothing other than a Rodriguez e Hijos guitar. I can see why my father may like the rich tune of the guitar itself because he can also play by ear, besides reading music. Can you let me know about the details of your guitar purchase, such as the price ranges and models you may find interesting? I would like to give my father the information before our trip to Madrid in September.

Thanks

#46941 - 09/14/04 02:41 PM Re: Madrid:Rodriguez y Hijos guitarra ?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
JUST came back from my local Sam Ash Music store (here in Columbus, Ohio USA) and saw they had one used Manuel Rodriguez e Hijos accoustic guitar for sale for $500 - MADE IN MADRID it said on the inside. COOOOOOL! cool I was REALLY tempted to buy it but passed since mine is still in decent shape and I'm still a beginner. They also had a Alhambra brand - Made In Spain - for $600 (or $700).

By the way, on the Manuel Rodriguez e Hijos website there's a short video of artesans making the guitars.

Time to practice!! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments