Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#46911 - 02/17/03 12:32 PM Re: carrefour in Madrid?
Val Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi,

If you won't have a car, you can also try Alcampo at Pio XII, right next to the metro. Also, Alcampo in Moratalaz (I'm not sure of the metro stop) and in Vallecas (Buenos Aires metro stop).

Also, a large Hipercor with Tiendas El Corte Inglés and the Hipercor hypermarket is located next to/near the Mendez Alvaro metro stop.

Happy shopping!

#46912 - 02/17/03 11:38 PM Re: carrefour in Madrid?
WB Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
You know what's funny? There was a Carrefour in Philadelphia (my city) for a few years and union people picketed in front of it 365 days a year with big signs. You had to drive through the picket line to shop there, which my mother always did. Finally the place shut down and now it's a Walmart.

Winston

#46913 - 02/18/03 10:10 AM Re: carrefour in Madrid?
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Oz,
The Carrefour website ( carrefour.es ) does include a store locator for each store under the guia de hipermercados. It's just that you have to open each location and then the map. I haven't been to Madrid yet, so my Internet surfing is getting me ready for my trip next week. There is a Carrefour on Gran Via de la Hortaleza. The online map isn't too helpful in placing it precisely on that street. Seems like most of the others are a little ways out of town, but as an earlier post said, there is one in southestern Madrid, it looks like the one at San Blas (Avda. Guadalajara 2, Centro Comercial "Las Rosas"). Good hunting.

#46914 - 02/18/03 09:18 PM Re: carrefour in Madrid?
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Thanks everyone for the shopping information, I should be able to find at least one of these places! Now I have another question that I'll bet someone here can help with. In Madrid last fall I found a particular watch in a small shop near the city center. I will probably go back this time and purchase it there, but I don't suppose the shop will tell me where they get them! I may be interested in importing this particular style.
Does anyone know where the jewelry wholesalers may be located in Madrid? Is there an area like we have in New York, Chicago and other major cities? Instincts tell me this watch is probably made in China as most novelties are, but it would be fun to track it down!

#46915 - 02/19/03 10:07 AM Re: carrefour in Madrid?
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
Oz, I am looking for a pair of replica Oakley Romeo sunglasses. A "Novelty" item. Anyone know where I can find these?? Has anyone seen them in Madrid???

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments