Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#46835 - 10/22/02 02:19 AM rebajas
druship Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
When, exactly, in January will these be starting? Beginning or end? I ask because I'm leaving on the 9th but would like at least one day of some serious clothes shopping...thanks!

#46836 - 10/22/02 05:48 AM Re: rebajas
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Good question. Another question is WHERE in Spain do these Rebajas take place? Only in the cities or also in the small towns?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#46837 - 10/22/02 10:32 AM Re: rebajas
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
All of Madrid, Sevilla, and every other city is covered with REBAJAS!!!! signs in every window from at least mid-January (perhaps earlier) through the first week or two of March.

Puna (who never ever ever buys shoes, purses or any other leather products other than in Spain. Perhaps Spanish officials should 'adopt' me as an advocate for the tourist euro? Any method of being able to stay in Spain .... ah well .... wink

#46838 - 10/22/02 05:12 PM Re: rebajas
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
If I'm not mistaken, sales start the following day to Epiphany (January 7th).

#46839 - 10/22/02 07:08 PM Re: rebajas
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
Antonio is right, the winter "rebajas" begin January 7th is most big stores. That is, after we all have spent a lot of money during Christmas on "non-discounted" items (you know, "Los Reyes Magos", the Spanish equivelent to Santa Klaus, is January 6th).
However, small shops begin their "rebajas" sooner so that they can increase their sales during Christmas.

#46840 - 11/09/02 01:41 PM Re: rebajas
Candela Offline

Loc: MADRID!!!!!
Oh Goody! Rebajas start the day I arrive back in Madrid. This will definitely influence my packing decisions. Who needs all these sweaters and skirts from Express and Gap when Zara awaits with sales, sales, sales! And Mango too! And all the shoe shops in Chueca! And...excuse me, I better go consult my budget.
Happy shopping!!!!

#46841 - 11/09/02 07:25 PM Re: rebajas
madridmanjim Offline

Loc: Northern Spain
Lots of stores begin their rebajas before the 6th. Also rebajas, at least up north, where I live, continue literally until March or so. In March, as you can well imagine, prices are fantastic, but the selection is lousy.

#46842 - 11/19/02 12:33 PM Re: rebajas
carmendeespana Offline

Loc: Madrid
Many small shops start the "rebajas" before January 7th. If you are interested in something, you can walk in the shop and ask them when the "rebajas" start.

You have to take into consideration that everything on "rebajas" gets sold out very fast. And not always you will be able to find your size. If you have a smaller size or a big size, you will get things in "rebajas" for sure, but if not, I suggest you to buy asap. Sometimes when you go back, that fancy thing you once saw it´s already gone!

Good luck!!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 349 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments