Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#46687 - 04/11/02 09:57 PM Re: USA: Spanish Cheese Alert!!
nevado Offline

Calibasco, fyi- Ralphs (the bigger ones with a deli section) also carries Manchego but it's more expensive than Trader Joe's. I'm sure you already know but Traders also has some good wines at reasonable prices (compared to other places). One more thing, if anyone out there is looking for a "Casera" fix, there's an Italian deli on Lincoln in Santa Monica (across from Vons) that carries an Italian version of Casera. It's in the glass bottles with the wire stopper.

#46688 - 04/12/02 12:44 AM Re: USA: Spanish Cheese Alert!!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Hey, I used to bag groceries for Kowalski's in high school...I would never "bag" on them!!! (of course that was when they resembled a warehouse...now they look like a destination, complete with reading room and fireplace at the White Bear Lake location!)

#46689 - 04/13/02 12:35 AM Re: USA: Spanish Cheese Alert!!
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
So I bought the Iberico and used it for cheese and crackers at Easter, and now my family is hooked on it!!

I'm able to find a very Fanta Limon-like soda at an Italian deli here in my own town. It's San Pellegrino lemon soda in little green glass bottles. That's a fairly popular brand, so I'm sure others can find it where you are too!!

Mmm...que hambre tengo!!

#46690 - 05/03/02 08:03 PM Re: USA: Spanish Cheese Alert!!
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Trader Joe's also has the tetilla cheese (popular in Galicia). It's yummy! laugh

#46691 - 05/04/02 12:50 AM Re: USA: Spanish Cheese Alert!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
OH, MAN!! We don't have a Trader Joe\'s here in Columbus, Ohio, USA!!

UPDATE: HEY!! WE DO HAVE A TRADER JOE'S HERE IN COLUMBUS!!! (suburb) Woo Hoo! I'm THERE!!! laugh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#46692 - 05/04/02 09:57 AM Re: USA: Spanish Cheese Alert!!
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
Just found no fewer than FOUR Spanish cheeses at Costco here in Tucson. Manchego plus 3 others. Needless to say I bought the other 3 (Manchego from T. Joe's was already in my fridge.) Can't tell you the names. I was so excited, I opened them all and rewrapped them so they would keep. Who was I kidding. They are gone!!

#46693 - 05/04/02 12:47 PM Re: USA: Spanish Cheese Alert!!
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Jana, I was going to post about this today!!! My Costco, in San Diego, also has the 4 cheeses. They are queso manchego, queso ibérico, idiázabal, and mahon. laugh
I am in heaven right now!!!1 cool

#46694 - 05/06/02 09:40 AM Re: USA: Spanish Cheese Alert!!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Thank God for Trader Joe's and Costco! rolleyes

#46695 - 06/06/02 04:45 PM Re: USA: Spanish Cheese Alert!!
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
This isn't about cheese directly...but guess what I am eating this very second? FABULOUS butter from Asturias! (Not all by itself...though it's good enough for that!)

I found it at our Whole Foods market (in the fancy cheese section)--it's Imperial Mantequilla Asturiana, made by Mantequera de Tineo SA. It's unsalted and so yummy on good bread!

#46696 - 06/06/02 07:52 PM Re: USA: Spanish Cheese Alert!!
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Oh Tara I'm so jealous!!! I bet it's good, too!! I guess that's the next thing I'll have to look for at Trader Joes'...they seem to be our only hope here!! I'll have to check Cosco for those other cheeses too...how did I miss all those postings since May?! I may have missed a whole month of Spanish cheese enjoyment!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments