Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#46661 - 03/28/02 01:54 PM Sevilla Market
palice Offline

Loc: Prague, Czech republic
We will be spending one and half a day in Sevilla and I would really like to see some sort of a local market (fruit&veg, domestic products,..) which would have the atmosphere of locals. Can anything like this be found around Seville? I would also like to get around some nice little shop with cermiacs - does not have to be anything special, just ordinary stuff - any idea from anyone here already familiar with Spain?

#46662 - 03/28/02 02:17 PM Re: Sevilla Market
Guapetona Offline

there is one on sundays next to plaza nueva. usually i snack and have a beer around plaza salvador and walk around the market afterwards. they are very close to each other. its a shame you are not staying longer! wink

#46663 - 03/28/02 02:25 PM Re: Sevilla Market
palice Offline

Well, tell me about it! I am so much anxious already but we are just so madly tight with schedule that is the longest we could get. We are travelling to Jerez de la Frontera for the Horse fair, will spend three days in the area (Cádiz and Jerez) and go back to Prague again. While browsing this fabulous website for a few weeks now I know I will be very sad to leave so early! Does the market usually run on Saturdays as well? We should be in Seville on May 4, arriving late in afternoon on May 3.
Thank you ever so much for your help!

#46664 - 03/28/02 03:13 PM Re: Sevilla Market
Guapetona Offline

next to plaza nueva there are "carpas" or tents set up as displays showcasing different products. i cant guarantee this will be there the exact day you are in sevilla. i can tell u that there are many ceramics shops in sevilla all throught "las calles de salon" or the old quarter streets. these are many but a few that come to mind off the top of my head are c/sierpes, c/bailen, c/cuna, plaza del duque, all the streets that come out of plz salvador, etc.
they are full of shops. they sell feria dresses, fashion boutiques, pottery, shoes..etc. its good to just stroll from street to street and find what you like. you have aloooot of options believe me!
also, i don't know what u like in terms of food but if i can recommend one of my fav "cheap eats" that i've been going to since i was a liitle kid..its called: el patio de san eloy..its very cheap, fresh and delicious!! its full of uni students so u know the prices can't be beat wink
el patio de san eloy

#46665 - 03/29/02 04:06 AM Re: Sevilla Market
palice Offline

Thank you ever so much, Guapetona! It all looks wonderful and I really cannot wait to go.I am certain that by having gone to Spain this time I will always want to come back! I love the market atmosphere so this certainly looks interesting. Once I am back, I will let you know how I succeeded! Thank you again,

Palice

#46666 - 04/17/02 05:10 AM Re: Sevilla Market
palice Offline

And back to markets again...!

I found another info about markets on http://www.sevilla5.com/sevilla/entertainment.html but would like to know whether the food markets Feria (c/Feria), Encarnación (Plaza de la Encarnación) and Arenal (c/ Pastor y Landero) would be open on Saturday morning?

Anyone would know?

Palice

#46667 - 04/17/02 10:01 AM Re: Sevilla Market
Guapetona Offline

hi palice,

i'm leaving for sevilla today so i will let you know what food markets are open sat. morning. i'll post next week before you go.

#46668 - 04/17/02 10:59 AM Re: Sevilla Market
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hey, Liz...
Have a FUN trip!
Wyndyl laugh

#46669 - 04/17/02 12:01 PM Re: Sevilla Market
palice Offline

Hey, Guapetona that´s great! laugh Thank you ever so much and have a wooooooooooonderful stay in Sevilla! wink

#46670 - 04/17/02 12:52 PM Re: Sevilla Market
Guapetona Offline

Thanks guys!!!

i promise i won't be toooo bad!! hee-hee! wink
i'll think of eveyone stateside when i'm dancing and getting tipsy of off manzanilla!

have a great week!

liz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments