Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#46592 - 02/12/02 12:20 PM Re: USA:Good deals on Spanish products?
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
If only soccer could get some national media attention in this country . . .

The US Men just took a team of MLS players (missing key European-based players) to the Gold Cup and won the tournament. Of course only the final game was on cable TV and that was on Univision in Spanish (no problem for me).

Coach Bruce Arena has tough decisions to make on a very deep roster for this summer's World Cup. The US plays Italy in a friendly tomorrow afternoon at 2:30 ET on ESPN. Getting back to Spain, I will be in Spain for the start of the World Cup (in Korea/Japan). The level of intense interest everywhere will be interesting to see.

And the level of interest on Spanish soccer products in the US is probably pretty high.

#46593 - 02/12/02 06:14 PM Re: USA:Good deals on Spanish products?
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Ok folks...back to the good deals on Spanish products topic before ref MM blows the whistle and flips us la tarjeta roja! :p

#46594 - 02/12/02 11:15 PM Re: USA:Good deals on Spanish products?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
wink

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#46595 - 02/16/02 09:38 AM Re: USA:Good deals on Spanish products?
Jaime Offline

I saw on Tienda the other day that they now have a wholesale division. I think you have to be a merchant with a number to purchase wholesale but who knows?

#46596 - 02/19/02 10:57 PM Re: USA:Good deals on Spanish products?
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Jaime, you beat me to it!! I just noticed today that Tienda.com has the wholesale section...SO which one of us is going to get a Federal #?!? (Sorry MM, I know they're your sponsor, but this could be the loophole we've been waiting for!!) wink

GG

#46597 - 02/20/02 01:45 AM Re: USA:Good deals on Spanish products?
Mama Chula Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
I know the topic is Spanish foods but since I'll soon be visiting my son who is studying in Madrid this year, I'd like to surprise him with some of his favorite foods. Which American foods are hard to find in Spain? He mentioned that he was craving a root beer float but that they don't sell root beer in Spain. What else might they not sell? Some of his favorites are Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing, Sour Patch Kids (candy), herb (rosemary) sour dough bread, peanut butter, spinach dip, catsup, and Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies :p
I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have.
Thanks!

#46598 - 02/20/02 08:27 AM Re: USA:Good deals on Spanish products?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Mama chula, good question! You might want to start a new topic in this forum to gain more information from, say, those living in Spain who miss certain products from their home countries (for example, MARMITE from the UK or Lucky Charms cereal from the USA). I try to encourage that threads stay on-topic and not digress too far from their subject lines. Thanks! smile

GranadaGirl, I hadn't noticed Tienda.com's wholesaler section. SURELY SOMEONE has a friend or a friend of a friend with such access. No? Let's get this ball rolling!

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#46599 - 02/20/02 07:09 PM Re: USA:Good deals on Spanish products?
nevado Offline

My mom has a wholesale number but it's for the music industry. She said they are very easy to get. I wonder what the wholesale prices are like at Tienda?

#46600 - 02/20/02 09:31 PM Re: USA:Good deals on Spanish products?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Well guess what! I know (via email) one of the guys at Tienda.com. I'll drop him a line and ask! How's that?!

Saludos, MadridMan

#46601 - 02/22/02 12:18 AM Re: USA:Good deals on Spanish products?
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Let's get this show on the road!! (I can just taste the jamon serrano and Fanta Limon now!!)

Mama Chula: I'd definitely bring peanutbutter with you if your son likes/misses it. If there's any particular Easter candy he likes (jelly beans, Cadbury cream eggs, Easter bunnies) I'd bring that too, since you won't find that there. When I was there, the real stuff we missed was just our moms' home-cooked meals and maybe 'real' peanutbutter now and then!!

GG

[ 02-22-2002: Message edited by: GranadaGirl ]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 815 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments