Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#4632 - 11/23/02 11:45 AM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I just returned from 2 weeks at the Adriano . The construction of the other half of the floor goes on. Alberto told me they were in the process of picking out tiles for the bathrooms. After some last minute resistence by the building owner to the construction of the elevator, it has gone ahead. They were working on moving the electrical stuff when I left. I also hope is done by my next visit! (Feb. 03)

Hey MadridMan-I went to the traveling "Feria de Pulpo" in Viana do Bolo again. You have to get up there!

#4633 - 12/19/02 01:36 PM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
wilnogirl Offline

We stayed at Hostal Adriano for two nights in November. Workmen were toiling in the stairways...the place is getting a major facelift. Initially I was dismayed at the chaos and lack of elevator...however...once you leave the public area the hostal itself has been lovingly renovated and is bright and cheerful and contemporary in feel...the staff were very helpful and we were comfortable and felt secure and safe. The location is great...you can walk to all major downtown sites in moments and there are some neat places to eat nearby. Since European hostal standards are quite different from american hotel rooms, Hostal Adriano is pleasing because it is bright and cheerful. Some hostals are quite gloomy because of the old fixtures and windows that look out into the air shaft. Highly recommend Adriano and even if the elevator isnt ready, the stairs are not steep and they will help you with your luggage. Enjoy Madrid.

#4634 - 12/19/02 02:48 PM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
WOW!! eek I've NEVER heard of anyone at "hostales" helping with luggage! Either they do this for everyone or you're really attractive. wink Either way, good for you!! smile

wilnogirl, thanks very much for the renovation update. This place is accumulating LOTS of positive reviews! Good for them.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4635 - 12/19/02 10:23 PM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
Lipstique Offline

Loc: Wichita, Kansas
One of the many reasons that I have decided to stay at the Hostal Adriano, is because Alberto DiStefano promised to personally carry duffle bag up the steps if the elevator is not operational upon my arrival in mid March. I'm trekking through Spain for 16 days, and really did not intend to do any laundry, so you can imagine how heavy my very large duffle bag can get (but it does have really big wheels). eek By the way, my first stop on my trip is in Madrid, where my duffle bag will be at its lightest, as I will not have purchased any shoes as of yet. laugh

#4636 - 02/20/03 02:25 AM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Construction update-

I just returned from 10 days in Madrid and The Adriano. While the rooms remain as charming as ever, the construction of the entryway and stairwell goes on furiously. I saw Enrique actually dusting off concrete sacks in the lobby, he was so intent on keeping things tidy! Alberto has assured me that he still intends to carry "Lipstique's" bags up the steps if the elevator is unfinished when she arrives. I have a reservation for Holy Week and have been assured a room in the new wing.

#4637 - 02/22/03 01:03 PM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
Lipstique Offline

Mongo, muchas gracias!!! smile I'm actually going to Paris next week for three days, and I'm having a hard time just packing for that trip. Then I return home for 10 days.

Can you imagine how many clothes I will bringing for a 16 day trip to Spain? I think I'll be giving Alberto an aerobic workout. Luckily, Madrid is the beginning of my journey, before I buy any shoes. laugh

#4638 - 03/03/03 03:58 PM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
superk Offline

Loc: Chicago
Hello, everyone!! Thanks so much for the great reccomendations. We, too, are staying at Hostal Adriano in a couple of weeks. I'm very excited to see the place and to report back. Also, to give some ideas, we are staying in apartments in Barcelona & Seville. We booked a cute one bedroom with kitchen, bath & living area in Seville near the bullring for about 60 euros a night! I'll let you know how it goes. We're also going to Valencia (staying at Hotel Ad Hoc) & Granada (Hotel Molinos- the most narrow hotel in the world)!
Maybe we'll run into some of you while we are in Madrid! (March 18-22)

#4639 - 03/03/03 07:20 PM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
NatalieM Offline

After reading all these developments re. Hostal Adriano , I am rethinking my plan to stay at Hostal Persal . We are traveling with my mom, who is spry and adventurous, but may be put off by a shabby exterior, however, the rooms at Adriano look SO cute. Any opinions about these options? Thanks!
Natalie

#4640 - 03/04/03 06:07 PM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
Lipstique Offline

Here's some current information from the owner of the Hostal Adriano, Alberto DiStefano. He emailed me last week, and I am sharing his comments about the expansion and current construction. When someone is this honest with a pen pal, you can tell that the owner is seriously concerned about his reputation, his business, the comforts and the impressions of his guests. I have absolutely no qualms about staying here. laugh

"[Presently] with only 11 rooms, we cannot accomodate all the people we would like to!
The renovation works are running too slowly... We are having lots of quarrels with the construction company. They were supposed to finish all our new rooms now, in February, or in early March. But that won't be possible... We hope they can finish by the end of March. And the renovation works of the building (entrance, stairs, elevator) are also running slowly. It is the same company! So I hope you do not panic when you arrive... because all the entrance of the building looks terrible. Remember that within our hostal, you will find a nice room."

#4641 - 03/04/03 07:38 PM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That almost qualifies as an advertisement but....

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments