Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#46446 - 12/08/01 11:18 PM Re: Designer Clothes? (Madrid)
nevado Offline

I was thinking Suarez as well but they aren't in a free-staning building. It wouldn't be Carrera y Carrera? They aren't in a free-standing building either (and don't totally fit your description- more famous for their animal designs although their latest pieces include vine/flower work). I'm at a loss- you got me with the free-standing building. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting your description of a free-standing building. This is going to drive me nuts! smile

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: nevado ]

#46447 - 12/10/01 10:40 AM Re: Designer Clothes? (Madrid)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Nevado -

For some reason I thought it was a free standing building but it could be that a thought the building was occupied by only the jewelty store/design rooms.

This weekend I finally looked it up and you were right. Carrera y Carrera. I know they used to have lots of animals in the designs but the last couple of years there seems to be a prepnderance of flowers and vines.
Regardless - truly beautiful!

#46448 - 01/19/02 09:23 PM Re: Designer Clothes? (Madrid)
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
I did a search on the web and determined that the designer clothes were to be found in Salamanca.

We took the tube up there mid afternoon and hit the Armani shop first. I heard a shop assistant speaking English and asked him where the mens clothes were and got a Pretty Woman type of look from him as he pointed me in the right direction (Rachael - my girlfriend - was dressed for extensive walking, while I, as ever, was looking pretty dapper, and I think he took exception to her big white Reebok trainers eek ).
I ventured downstairs and found the prices to be extortionate compared to what they are here in Manchester. Is Armani still a big label in Spain??? I would have thought it would be cheaper than here in England as Italy and Spain are situated on the same land mass, right next door to each other (???).

Anyway, I wasn't impressed with the choice (or lack) of clothes and the prices were highly amusing.
Watching all the suits walking out of the financial institutions situated in Salamanca though, I can understand the clothes shops attempt to take advantage of them by ramping up the prices.
Viva Free Enterprise!!! wink laugh

#46449 - 02/04/02 10:24 AM Re: Designer Clothes? (Madrid)
SashaHill Offline

Does anyone know where you can buy Spanish jewellery on-line? I used the link above, but am looking for more options. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments