Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#46436 - 11/28/01 03:04 PM Designer Clothes? (Madrid)
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
What's Madrid like for designer clothes (Armani, D&G, Prada etc...)???

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#46437 - 12/01/01 02:32 PM Re: Designer Clothes? (Madrid)
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
MadridMan - what've you edited??

#46438 - 12/01/01 10:46 PM Re: Designer Clothes? (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi notyr! I added the city location to your subject line to reflect your area in question. It helps others to find topics of which they are interested when looking only at the list of topic subjects in the forums. For this reason, I always ask people to put the city location in their subject lines since MadridMan's Spain Message Board is about the whole of Spain and not only about Madrid. Hope you get SOME replies! Wish I could help you with your question, but I know almost nothing about fashion in Spain - only that the women always look GREAT! :p

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#46439 - 12/03/01 04:47 AM Re: Designer Clothes? (Madrid)
nevado Offline

I'm not sure what kind of information you're looking for but you'll find most of the top designers there (don't recall seeing a D&G store though, but they do sell it at Corte Ingles). Try Serrano street and Ortega y Gasett (off of Serrano). Prada is on the corner of Goya and Serrano, Armani is on Ortega y Gasett along with Chanel. Also head to Corte Ingles at Nuevos Minesterios, they have the best designer sections at that location.

#46440 - 12/03/01 10:50 AM Re: Designer Clothes? (Madrid)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Realize you asked about clothes - but there is brilliant and extremely well-known jewelry designer on Serrano. Name escapes me at the moment - can anyone else who has gazed and dreamed about this jewelry help??? (free standing building on the right side of Serrano walking towards the city). Long established Spanish design firm - stuff sells at Shreves for about 6X what you will pay in Madrid.

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: Puna ]

#46441 - 12/05/01 05:38 PM Re: Designer Clothes? (Madrid)
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
Puna,

You caught my attention...I've been looking for store in Madrid to purchase engagement rings. Please take a look at this website and let me know if this is what you're talking about...would love to save 6X on Spanish rings, and you're place sounds like to ultimate store to visit! Let me know if this is what your trying to recall...

Durán Joyeros

Thanks! Jason laugh

#46442 - 12/06/01 03:52 AM Re: Designer Clothes? (Madrid)
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hi,

Maybe you're talking about 'la joyeria' Suarez¿?
I don't know; it seems to me that 'las joyerias' in Serrano St. aren't EXACTLY inexpensive!!! But maybe compared with the ones in the US....

paloma

P.S.: Engagement ring?, Congrats!, ¡Enhorabuena!

#46443 - 12/06/01 10:29 AM Re: Designer Clothes? (Madrid)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

JJP - Congratulations! I checked the site - its not what I was referring to in the earlier post. The designer (who's name I still can't remember) is very very well known internationally - and probably the most famous of Spanish jewelry designers. A lot of the work is in white gold sort of woven together with yellow gold; with less expensive variations thereof by the same designer using, I think, silver and gold to create a similar effect. Some of the designs are whimsical - others use flowers and vines.

pim - the store I'm thinking of is expensive; I'm one of the people who look - long - but have yet to buy. Regardless - the designer's jewelry is far less expensive in Madrid than it would be to buy it in the US.

If I can come up with the name I'll post it - in the meantime maybe someone else can remember.

#46444 - 12/07/01 06:11 PM Re: Designer Clothes? (Madrid)
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
Puna and Paloma,
Thanks for the congratulations!

OK, one of my roomates is from Spain. She's certain it must be Juaquín Berao.

Hope he's the one, and this is helpful. If not, I'll finally resign to wait for the help of a true Madrileño.

Regardless, the website is a work of art on it's own. Check it out:
http://www.joaquinberao.com

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#46445 - 12/08/01 10:29 AM Re: Designer Clothes? (Madrid)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

JJP - What a fantastic website! Thank your roommate for sharing. Check with her but I'm positive the designer I'm thinking of is on
C/Serrano and neither of the two Madrid locations were. Could be a cross street I suppose - but don't think so. Unless the design work has changed considerably over the last year - not the same designer.

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Puna ]

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Puna ]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments