Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#4642 - 03/04/03 11:24 PM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I believe when you arrive you will find the rest of the staff equally as charming! (Not quite as fluent in English however.)

#4643 - 03/18/03 10:48 AM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
Jeannette Offline

Does anyone know if the construction at the Hostal Adriano is done or if it will be done by May?

#4644 - 03/18/03 11:57 AM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
Rizos Offline

It's not complete yet. I'll be there from the 28-31 of March and Enrique warned me. Send them an email and ask...

#4645 - 03/24/03 01:00 PM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
RichardF Offline

I can't understand the hype about Hostal Adriano. The place is a construction zone and it looks to be that way for a long long time. I am just back from 16 days in Spain and stayed at Hostal Adriano for 4 days in mid March. The entire front of the building is wrapped in scaffolding taking up one sidewalk. Across the street construction materials are stacked obliterating the other sidewalk, so you are left to dodge cars in the street with your bags. The front entrance is ramped to allow wheel barrels and there is a continuous flow of construction workers carrying materials. The four flights of stairs are all torn up and dusty with holes in the floor covered with plywood.
Yes once inside the rooms are acceptable, but nothing exceptional. During our stay in Spain we stayed at eight different hotels, all with bath, most in the $40-$50 range. Our room at Hostal Adriano was the smallest. Our bathroom at Hostal Adriano was 2/3 the size of the next smallest bathroom!
As a novelty you might want to check the place out just to observe the "old lady hookers" that hang out on the same block of C/de la Cruz as Hostal Adriano. I am serious, and at first I could not belive it myself! These ladies are in their late 50s and 60s and have apparently found an economic niche.
There are dozens of other budget accommodations in the same area. Save yourself the hassle.

#4646 - 04/16/03 02:32 PM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
DTW Offline

Loc: Dallas
I just got back from Madrid where I spent 7 nights at the Adriano. Although it is under renovation, the wonderful owner, accommodating staff, clean rooms, and fabulous location far out weigh the inconveniences. I look forward to staying there on my next trip. I would also like to put in a good word for Andres Jarabo and his delightful wine tasting and tour. What a unique way to see and taste parts of the city from a native's point of view.

#4647 - 04/17/03 12:43 AM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Greeting from Madrid!

#4648 - 04/17/03 01:55 PM Re: Hostal Adriano in Madrid - March 2003 and hotels in Barcelona, Seville and Granada
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi all! I´ll be visiting/touring Hostal Adriano sometime next week and am looking forward to it. I´ll give you my firsthand impression of it although I won´t be spending the night there.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments