MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#46398 - 08/01/01 10:57 PM Re: Rudeness in stores
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
God, I love Wisconsin. It might just be time to visit my sister in Milwaukee laugh

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: Nicole ]

#46399 - 08/02/01 10:16 AM Re: Rudeness in stores
Jaime Offline

I hope your not being sacastic Nicole !
I think I should be on the tourism board for Wisconsin since I love my city so much.
smile

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: Jaime ]

#46400 - 08/02/01 11:12 AM Re: Rudeness in stores
ElGato Offline

Jaime,

Having been born in Racine, and spending most of my life in Wisconsin, I have to say that it's a very interesting place to live. It never fails to amaze me just how strong ethnic culture is in the state. Much of it culminating in the food fair Milwaukee holds each year, with millions of visitors.

I for one, have never walked away from it without feeling I really had a "taste of the world."

I've also felt that there were times I ate what the cat dragged in while there, and didn't want to know what the main ingredients were. But that's all a matter of taste.

El Gato (Just a Wolf in a cat skin coat, due to different computer... :))

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: ElGato ]

#46401 - 08/02/01 03:32 PM Re: Rudeness in stores
Jaime Offline

OK so this is my last response regarding Wisconsin so it doesn't dominate the thread rolleyes

I'm not an advocate of all of Wisconsin being some kind of cultural mecca.Yikes?? I grew up in Green Bay which was the single most boring, noncultural place to live. However, I have lived on the east side of Milwaukee for the past seven years and this city pretty much has it all as far as culture goes....ethnic festivals on the lake all summer long...every kind of restaurant from African to Peruvian, diverse groups of people at the universities, etc... Not every part of Wisconsin is hicksville. I think its a good city to live in and really enjoy it. wink

#46402 - 08/02/01 06:28 PM Re: Rudeness in stores
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Okay, this is MY last response about Wisconsin. I really do think it is a beautiful state. My sister did her undergraduate degree in Madison and part of Med school in Milwaukee, both of which I like a lot. We also spent a few summers camping on the Apostle islands, which are so, so pretty. Cultural mecca, no, but nice nonetheless. smile Minnesota ain't so bad either. We spent a few winters cross-country skiing there with family friends. damn cold though.

#46403 - 08/03/01 07:10 PM Re: Rudeness in stores
Tia Offline

Anchovy,
Yes, I did say that, indeed, or grumbled... :o
It´s amazing how many new "oaths" one can learn on this board. rolleyes

Auntie (who is determined not to mention that word ever again... or not untill booking alojamiento in Madrid)

[ 08-03-2001: Message edited by: tiajohanna ]

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 801 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments