MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#46246 - 04/17/01 04:53 PM Agatha Ruiz de la Prada clothing for kids
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Hi, all--
While in Madrid in March, I found some adorable (bright prints, fun colors, clever graphics) children's clothing and shoes by this designer at El Corte Ingles. I bought a few dresses for my daughter and niece, but would love to find more! Does anyone know how I can get Agatha's clothes here in the US (or order from Spain if need be)?
Thanks!
Tara

#46247 - 04/17/01 05:33 PM Re: Agatha Ruiz de la Prada clothing for kids
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Taravb, I, too, love Agatha's designs, so bright and cool!!!!
When I went to Madrid at Christmas, a good friend gave me an Agatha scarf, she bought it at El Corte Ingles. Sorry I couldn't help you with ideas where to buy her stuff in the States.

#46248 - 04/17/01 09:31 PM Re: Agatha Ruiz de la Prada clothing for kids
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Laduque, I have searched all over the web for a place in the US that carries her stuff. I can find lots of articles and other info in Spanish, and some mention of her spending time recently in Paris, but no stores here (I can't even find mention of a retail Agatha store in Madrid--maybe she only sells through other retailers). I learned about her nearly 10 years ago, when I watched a National Geographic documentary called "The Soul of Spain." She was featured...and at the time was making little dresses with enormous wire protrusions and wheels that ran along the floor. Very odd stuff!!

But I love her bright prints and designs for kids...and got my daughter a pair of bright pink clogs with a daisy on one foot and a tulip on the other that I wished I could have found in an adult size for me!!

For those heading to Spain, you should check out her baby and kid stuff at El Corte Ingles...great gifts for kids back home and (obviously, since we can't seem to buy it here) very unique in America.

#46249 - 04/18/01 04:18 PM Re: Agatha Ruiz de la Prada clothing for kids
kbc123 Offline

Loc: Barcelona, Spain
Cool! That's a timely post for me! I was just looking for a good baby shower gift to send to a friend in Ireland (I'm in Barcelona). I was downtown shopping at the baby/maternity stores in Plaza Catalunya but skipped Corte Ingles. Now I know--I'll check it out! I must plead ignorance of this designer though. Thanks for tuning me in!

#46250 - 04/19/01 05:12 AM Re: Agatha Ruiz de la Prada clothing for kids
nevado Offline

You might not find her clothing in baby sizes (not sure) but it's cute! You'll certainly find something for the infant in the Corte Inglés. Last year I sent a friend the cutest shirt with counted-cross (sorry, can't describe it). Anyway, have fun!
There was an Agatha Ruiz de la Prada shop in Barrio Salamanca a couple of years ago. I wonder if it's still there?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments