MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#46153 - 02/02/01 07:27 AM Marks & Spencer in Madrid
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
The men are going for the football - the ladies for the shops. I have been asked to enquire if anyone knows where the branches of Marks & Spencer are situated in Madrid?

Hopefully, from this male's point of view, the answers are slow in coming.......!!

#46154 - 02/02/01 09:11 AM Re: Marks & Spencer in Madrid
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
The main store is on c/ Serrano, 52. There's another branch in the centro comercial La Vaguada. In the 'burbs, there's one in the Centro Oeste (Majadahonda), and the Parque Corredor (Torrejon).

Have a great weekend!

#46155 - 02/02/01 09:29 AM Re: Marks & Spencer in Madrid
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Thanks Diana! Everyone will be pleased to know that - even the men, who are looking forward to some M&S food goodies coming back with us to the Costa del Sol!

#46156 - 02/04/01 07:59 PM Re: Marks & Spencer in Madrid
vinniemafalda Offline

Loc: Valencia, Spain
Go to El Corte Ingles, it's much better and classier. the only nice thing in Mark spencer is some things in the supermarket

#46157 - 02/06/01 01:06 PM Re: Marks & Spencer in Madrid
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

I know vinniemafalda, but that's exactly why we needed to go to M&S. We shop every week at Marbella's branch of El Corte Ingles, but they haven't got the food treats that we now have in our kitchen after this weekend!! Hmm, good thing we didn't put that lot in the safe.........!!

#46158 - 03/29/01 09:48 AM Re: Marks & Spencer in Madrid
PacoM Offline

Marks and Spencer has sadly announced that they will be closing their nine stores that they have on mainland Spain, apparently due to restructuring of the company and also, because they wish to focus on their stores within the United Kingdom.

The management will close their four shopping centres in Madrid, the two in Barcelona, and the ones in Bilbao, Sevilla and Valencia before the end of this year.

Nevertheless, the two franchises in Tenerife and Gran Canaria will be kept open.

[This message has been edited by PacoM (edited 03-29-2001).]

#46159 - 03/29/01 10:01 AM Re: Marks & Spencer in Madrid
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Aargh!! Paco, I heard the same on the news today. No more Percy Pig jellies.......no more pork pies...no more.....hang on! Did you say the Canaries branches will remain? I'd better start looking for flights!

#46160 - 03/29/01 02:29 PM Re: Marks & Spencer in Madrid
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I heard the Spanish branches of Marks & Spencer has never been profitable (is that the word?). Therefore, if they didn't report benefits to the company is understandable that they are closing them.

#46161 - 03/29/01 02:52 PM Re: Marks & Spencer in Madrid
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Anchovy Front

When I was lying in bed this morning trying to get up, I listened to the news on the radio. I heard about Marks and Spencer and immediately thought about you! (Who says that I live eat and sleep MM's board?)

Will you still let the ladies go shopping if they can't bring back your teletubby lollipops? And what about the all important underwear? It's going to be 'pants' for you isn't it?

Jo-Anne

#46162 - 03/30/01 08:13 AM Re: Marks & Spencer in Madrid
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Tellytubby lollipops, Jo-Anne? I didn't know you could get those! Yes, the girls will still go shopping - do you think we could stop 'em?? We all pretend to be macho men, but it's widely accepted now that the female of the species is the dominant one! I hope they still let us go to the footie, though......

I actually wrote to M&S a few years ago, wondering why they opened stores in every part of Spain except the one area (Costa del Sol) where they would be guaranteed a money making venture, due to the very sizeable ex-pat, M&S-loving (food and knickers) population. If they weren't interested, I told them to ship me a container full of sticky-toffee puddings and I would sell them all in one day at the Puerto Banus rastro! Needless to say all I got was a snooty letter from them!

I don't really think you will get leaves on your runway, by the way! Give my regards to Norah Batty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments