Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#46101 - 12/01/00 08:52 AM Re: Shoes, shoes, shoes... (Madrid)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
And if we can't find enough other reasons to go to Spain - we can always explain by the statement "our wardrobes need replenishing!" You do know I was joking about the shoe count ....

#46102 - 12/01/00 09:08 AM Re: Shoes, shoes, shoes... (Madrid)
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Puna,

My husband told me not to fill my luggage with shoes. Since I will be in Spain, I will definitely buy, buy, buy shoes. I told my husband that the household budget for 2001 would be a surplus because of the savings from buying shoes in Spain. Spanish shoes normally costs in my area $150-200 a pair. If the average cost of a pair of shoes in Spain is $50 that is an average saving of $100 a pair. So if I buy 5 pairs, I would be saving $500. Isn't that great to begin the year 2001 with a saving $500.00?

P.S. - Puna, My 20 year old daughter goes to school in Cambridge, MA. She is studying for a semester in Madrid. Maybe I could visit you in March when I attend her school's Junior Weekend 2001.

#46103 - 12/01/00 04:09 PM Re: Shoes, shoes, shoes... (Madrid)
maria Offline

Loc: Washinton DC
I have been reading your messages about shoes and I think you are missing the best shoe shopping area in Madrid (where I was born and raised). Forget about "Los guerrilleros". Go to Goya, Claudio Cuello and Serrano and you will find real Spanish shoes. The prices might be a little bit higher but with the dollar exchange rate it is worth it.

#46104 - 12/04/00 09:29 AM Re: Shoes, shoes, shoes... (Madrid)
mclarke Offline

Maria
Where are those shoe stores located? Thanks.

#46105 - 12/04/00 10:46 AM Re: Shoes, shoes, shoes... (Madrid)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

MClark - also purses, purses and more purses (bolsos & zapatas)! And, if need be, an extra suitcase to bring it all home in. Wallets (an inexpensive and easy to carry gift for whoever is watering the plants), gloves, leather jaccket or coat (pricey but much better quality than in the US for less money). All to go along with all those shoes!
BTW - if you are email accessible - I'll send you my email re Cambridge

#46106 - 12/04/00 10:57 AM Re: Shoes, shoes, shoes... (Madrid)
maria Offline

Loc: Washinton DC
Hi MClarke, I don't know if you are familiar with Madrid. In case you are, these places are just behind la plaza de Colon. La calle Goya finishes in La Castellana and you can take it there and just go all the way up to the Corte Ingles de Goya. If you walk on the left side you will pass la calle Serrano (big street) and a little bit later you will cross Claudio Cuello (which is smaller but good for shoes).

#46107 - 12/04/00 12:05 PM Re: Shoes, shoes, shoes... (Madrid)
mclarke Offline

Puna,
Thanks for the tips on what to shop in Madrid. Please do send me your e-mail in Cambridge.

Regards

#46108 - 12/04/00 12:58 PM Re: Shoes, shoes, shoes... (Madrid)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

MClarke - I'm going to get a through trashing from our leader - but neither you nor I have emails that show up - so I don't know how we could contact one and other re your trip to Cambridge ...

#46109 - 12/04/00 10:00 PM Re: Shoes, shoes, shoes... (Madrid)
alejandro Offline

Loc: Texas
Based in part on Madridman raving about Fluchos I bought a pair at El Corte Ingles in Madrid. The shoes are awesome! They are so comfortable. It feels as if I am walking on plush carpet everytime I step.

#46110 - 12/04/00 11:14 PM Re: Shoes, shoes, shoes... (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Puna, unless mclarke JUST added her email to her PROFILE, you can find it by either clicking on the LETTER icon or face? icon to get their email. Puna, yours doesn't show up because you haven't included it in your PROFILE for some reason. You might want to add that if you want others to contact you.

Alejandro, SEE!! I TOLD'JA!!! Those Fluchos ARE great!! I can walk for miles and not even know it.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments