Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#45997 - 09/11/00 03:02 PM Souvenirs in Spain
ranman Offline

Loc: Canada
I will be in Spain for 2 weeks and i have to bring something back for approx.15 people(large family. What are some ideas for inexpensive things to bring back for both children and adults.

Thank you

#45998 - 09/11/00 03:38 PM Re: Souvenirs in Spain
Crann Offline

Loc: Liverpool, England
How about packets of "turon" (nougat) for the sweet-toothed and olive oil / big fat strings of garlic for the grown-ups? I know you can get it here/anywhere but it's Not The Same.
If there are babies in the family, a lot of small children's or handcraft shops sell lovely hand-crocheted booties I've never seen anywhere else.
How about some terracotta ware, the unglazed pots and dishes that are obviously hand-made?
Or what about those old favourites - fans and castanets? If the kids sneered at you when you got back you could always pretend you were being post-modern.

When I was small I loved fans, so maybe

#45999 - 09/11/00 03:40 PM Re: Souvenirs in Spain
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
castanets, they are spainy and cute for kids and make nice souvenirs for adults, the cost barely anything, like 2.00 dollars the little souvenir ones, not the real professional ones.

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98/homepage.html?957296168010

#46000 - 09/21/00 10:26 PM Re: Souvenirs in Spain
Matt from Toronto Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Check out the Violetas candy store a couple of blocks east of the Puerta del Sol along San Jeronimo (on the south side -- right a c. Principe if I remeber correctly). They have these violet candies "tipicos madrilenos." Not expensive, and you can get them in ceramic boxes, coffee mugs, etc. Great gifts for mothers, aunts, grandmothers, sisters, girlfriends, wives (if you have more than one), etc. And, best of all, the candies taste great. It's one of my standbys for those "have to get" gifts. In fact, if I don't bring any back from my upcoming trip in October, my office assistant will do great damage to me.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments