MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#45971 - 08/18/00 01:31 AM Promotions.....Ascenso de posicion
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
MadridMan, Can you tell me the requirements to be promoted from Junior Member to Member Status? Does it depend on experience? What kind of degree is necessary to obtain that position? Can the administrative executive/CEO (ie. you) be bribed with bollycao or any other spanish goods in order to receive an *cough*cough early promotion *cough? Just checking...

#45972 - 08/18/00 01:40 AM Re: Promotions.....Ascenso de posicion
mencey Offline
Executive Member

je je je, you're probably going to say that first, I should know which posts go where. Well I didn't mean to put it under shopping, it just kind of happened. However, if I could do it all over again, I would put it under " Working in Spain" There...how's that?

#45973 - 08/18/00 07:20 AM Re: Promotions.....Ascenso de posicion
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi mencey! Acutally, you 'could' combine/move your postings by clicking on the little pen/paper icon (like one does to edit one's postings), copy all the text, then go to the ...umm... maybe.... "About Spain" (???) forum and pasting it there.

That said, the way to graduate from a "Junior Member" to a full "Member" is by either helping 30 little old ladies across the street or by posting 30 messages/replies here on MadridMan's Message Board, whichever comes first. (Posting the messages might get you praise while the other might reward you with a heavy purse to the head) You've posted 6 messages so far so you have lots of work to do. But please don't post simple replies like "Good posting" and then another message saying "Hey, that's useful information" and another one like "Ummm... Yeah! Me too!" just to get in your 30 postings. hehehehe.. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

P.S. I'm looking forward to going SHOPPING in Madrid! Items on my list: 2 leather belts, 2 pairs of leather shoes, ummm.. whatever goodies I can find at El Rastro, and.... That's about it!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#45974 - 08/18/00 08:15 AM Re: Promotions.....Ascenso de posicion
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Hi MM - you should put up an "About this Site", or "General Chat" forum or something. Often people post stuff that doesn't fit too well with the threads (mea culpa!) and that can be a bit irritating for people who start them. When it happens, you could just intervene and shift the miscreants over to general chat or whatever. Just a thought.

Saludos!

BTW - tried to book the internationally renowned Hostal Lopez in September. Fully booked! It's that "As recommended by MadridMan" that does it! You should charge commission.

#45975 - 08/18/00 08:45 AM Re: Promotions.....Ascenso de posicion
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Good idea about the General Chat forum. I'll add that over the weekend...or sooner. Thanks!

Re: Hostal Lopez, I'm not at all surprised! I hear that a lot. I'd better get in my reservation NOW for one night in October!! Also, I'll be staying at a number of the hostales this trip so I'll have more personal recommendations and can spread the spectrum a bit wider.

Saludos, MadridMan

P.S. While I've never stayed there, try Hostal Dulcinea as well. It's just one half (odd-shaped-blocks in this old area of Madrid) block away from Hostal Dulcinea and I've ONLY heard great things about them. Do a search in the "Hostels & Other Lodgings" forum (use "Dulcinea") and I think I posted 5+ feedback emails I got about them.

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 08-18-2000).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#45976 - 08/18/00 09:41 AM Re: Promotions.....Ascenso de posicion
mencey Offline
Executive Member

hey, that's useful information! Thanks...he he he

#45977 - 08/18/00 11:09 AM Re: Promotions.....Ascenso de posicion
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hardy Har Har, mencey. Or should I call you "Menace-E"? heheheeheee..

Now THAT'S a "good posting!"! hehehee..

#45978 - 08/18/00 04:48 PM Re: Promotions.....Ascenso de posicion
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
"Menace-E..." hmmm... is that your rap alias, menacey???

"livin' lahge in da sitee" (sung to the tune of "roll a 40," by tone loc)

#45979 - 08/19/00 01:04 AM Re: Promotions.....Ascenso de posicion
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Actually no, my rap alias would be the Capital S, oh yes, N,fresh,and double O, P, D, O double G, Y, D,O, Double G you see.
Mencey was a Guanche King in the Canary islands before the Spanish conquered them. The Guanches were the original inhabitants of the Canary islands, way back when. But, if you want to call me Menace, hey, thats pretty cool too.
Lvin large in da seetee? I don't think so, this kid in livin la vida loca, Menace(y)

#45980 - 08/25/00 05:56 PM Re: Promotions.....Ascenso de posicion
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
MadridMan,

The new designations for membership levels needs to be reconsidered. "Spanophile" is an excellent upgrade from the previously used "member" title; however, "tourist" in place of "junior member" is a turn for the worst. A "tourist" is the loud American in Bermuda shorts with an expensive Nikon around his neck. The tourist image is one we "junior members" of MadridMan's Message Board loathe as much as our Spanish friends who are humored by these load-mouthed Americans, who can't understand why Spaniards don't eat tacos( they search for them in hardware stores). Those of us who love Spain seek to be travlers,junior members, squires, neophytes, tyros, or serfs, but not tourists.

Enojado en Los Angeles,

Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn (edited 08-25-2000).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments