Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#45914 - 08/30/01 09:06 PM Re: Cell Phone Rental In Spain
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Ok MadridMan, You (or rather Victor) asked for it so I guess this is not really self-promotion.

I seem to be just about the only one who rents cellphones in Spain as far as I can tell. I did EXTENSIVE research before investing in a load of phones and if you go do a www.google.com search with "cellphone rentals spain" (or any combo thereof) as the search terms you will see my service come up first (don't ask me how I got that high up).

If you look at what is offered out there, you will see that renting a cellphone in the U.S.A. prior to departure is NUTS! The calling rates will have you sleeping in the streets and eating...well...NOTHING during your entire trip!!! Most U.S. companies are way out of control on this topic.

Anyway MM, I am officially offering you and any other MadridMan fan a 10% discount.
(besides, I still owe you a "caña" since you invited me last October laugh ).

You can learn more at www.onspanishtime.com/web/cellphones.htm

Saludos,
jer...

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: jer ]

#45915 - 08/30/01 11:24 PM Re: Cell Phone Rental In Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi jer. I'll allow these two postings regarding your cell phone rentals this time, but let's not make a habit of it, okay? Thanks.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#45916 - 08/31/01 10:22 AM Re: Cell Phone Rental In Spain
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Thanks MadridMan, if it helps your visitors out I can't see the harm it does anyway. ¡Qué grande eres majo! laugh

Saludos,
jer..

#45917 - 09/10/01 12:52 PM Re: Cell Phone Rental In Spain
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Being a cell phone salesman, I thought I'd get my 2 cents in here.
Buying the phone in Spain and using the recharge airtime is definately the cheapest way to go for a cell phone. Do not rent one out from here. Even renting from someone over there isn't always your best option.

Voicestream has a couple of models that will work for you in Spain. The Ericsson T28 is a great phone that will work in Spain. The cheapest option is to use it with prepaid cards you buy there. Plus it's a phone that you can use back in the US in most major cities.

Good luck.

#45918 - 09/12/01 07:12 PM Re: Cell Phone Rental In Spain
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
I haven't read all of the posts, so I may be repeating myself, but I looked into this when I was in Spain a few months ago. The best bet is to buy a phone for 4,800 pts.. which includes the phone, which you can keep, and a calling card. Believe me, it's cheaper then using those damn public phones!!! wink smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments