Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#84266 - 04/15/09 04:29 PM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: madridmadridmadrid]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Yes, madridmadridmadrid anyone can take it. the nice thing i liked about Instituto Cervantes was that they organised it all for you, in fact they assume you want to do it so on the last class of the course you take it. it is pretty straight forward if you have been paying attention!

#85828 - 11/27/09 01:27 PM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
colenot Offline

Thanks for the info on here! I need to study up on some Spanish as it's been hard doing it on my own.

I saw this ad the other day-

Quote:
Learn Spanish after work. Classes twice per week. Native teachers. Small groups (max. 8-9 students). School located in central Madrid. Prices: 95€ / 4 weeks; 250€ / 12 weeks. Enrolment 30€ including course text book.
For more information:
- visit http://www.ailmadrid.com/spanish-courses/evening_course

Does anyone know anything about them? Opinions? Is that fair pricing?

Hey Daniel, what were the costs of the night classes at Instituto Cervantes? Also, which teacher do you recommend?

#85892 - 12/02/09 07:36 PM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: colenot]
Donna Cuervo Offline

Loc: New York, NY
The Instituto Cervantes is very expensive in New York. I never attended, but I saw their price list for the various courses. I understand they have teachers from Spain and teach the pronunciation of Spain which is hard to find in New York. In recent years the king and queen of Spain appeared at a function there.

I should go. All the time in Argentina really messed up my Spanish. They talk funny there.

Edited by Donna Cuervo (12/02/09 07:38 PM)

#85895 - 12/03/09 03:21 AM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: Donna Cuervo]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Hahahahahaha .. Donna ... I´ll mention that comment to all my Argentinian friends here !!

#85897 - 12/03/09 06:47 AM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: steve robinson]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I hope that comment was said "tongue in cheek", Donna! . Argentine Spanish is absolutely beautiful. As many of you know, I lived in Argentina for about 6 months a few years ago and fell in love with the country, the people, and the accent too! As well as the many words that are so common in Argentina.

#85899 - 12/03/09 07:32 AM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: esperanza]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
All Spanish speaking Republics speaks "funny" as regional differences are many, the main thing we understand each other, just like an UK person will understand a US person in English.

#85901 - 12/03/09 08:46 AM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Of course it was toungue in cheek . Just a funny observation . My room mate is from Perú ( although he lived in Chicago for 14 years ) and sometimes we watch Argentinian TV series or films and he melts ! As a Peruano he tells me the Argentinian accent is beautiful ! When I´m with my Argie friends I notice certain words like vos , gurí ,remera etc.... But the sound of the Spanish is similar to Italian . We had an Argentinian girl staying with us a few months ago .. It was interesting hearing the differences . Has anybody seen that Argentinian series Doña Barbara ? There are some seriously hot actors !

#85925 - 12/04/09 06:25 PM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: steve robinson]
Donna Cuervo Offline

Loc: New York, NY
They know they talk funny there. You won't be telling them anything they weren't aware of.

I'm getting used to it now and even noticed when I was in Spain recently that I have started to pick it up a bit myself.

When I first heard it, I didn't know what was going on.

#89129 - 02/16/11 09:23 AM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: Donna Cuervo]
rivenscryr Offline

The thread may be a bit old and my post probably won't help the OP but I still decided to post my expirience in the hope to help others who may find this thread through google or the forums search.

Anyway, I would like to recommend a language academy in Madrid called Vision Lingua at Gran Via. They offer very cheap Spanish courses which I myself am visiting for 4-5 months now. The teachers are really good and the location allows it to practice a bit around.

If someone is interested, they also offer preparation courses for DELE or TOEFL.

For further information see www.visionlingua.com
regards

#89187 - 02/27/11 03:13 PM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: madridmadridmadrid]
Crisco Offline

Over the years, I had to take classes for my teacher certification and I attended quite a few in Madrid. I really had some bad experiences.I eventually just signed in and left or found other students who felt the same and we took turns signing in for each other! Instead I explored Madrid and the surrounding areas-much more useful to me!
The only positive experience I had in a language school is called Sampere,started by a couple in the '50s and now directed by their son.Small classes,great locations (near the Retiro) -not only in Madrid -and young/enthusiatic teachers.There are also planned activities during the week. Very reasonably priced.

If anyone has a question about a specific school,feel free to ask me!
http://www.sampere.es/

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Irene
Who's Online
0 registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments