Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#45723 - 12/11/08 11:18 PM Madrid Language Schools?
serakh Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I'm currently looking at Spanish Language programs in Madrid. I'm planning to take a 2 to 3 week intensive course in September.

Have any of you had experience with any of the Spanish Language Schools in Madrid? Any advice you can give in comparing programs? I'd be starting at an advanced beginner level (A2?)

Thanks for your help!

#45724 - 12/18/08 04:32 PM Re: Madrid Language Schools?
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
I studied at Don Quixote for a week and it was pretty good. No-one spoke English there so you really had to make an effort.
My only criticism was that most people go there for crash course long term courses, i.e. several months. This is not made clear from the website and I only booked a 1 week intensive course, which is not really much at all.

I only had class in the morning so I had afternoons free to wander around the city.

I recommend it, but go for a few weeks.

The best place, in my opinion, is to go study at Instituo Cervantes, but there are no short classes there, you need to sign up for a couple of months. I studied there in london for a few years in the evenings and it really is superb.

#84135 - 04/03/09 03:01 AM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Has anyone tried the International House extensive course in Madrid ? My Spanish could do with a push and I was thinking of giving it a try.

#84136 - 04/03/09 09:35 AM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: Jamongris]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I met somebody last night who´s at International House . Peter from Adelaide . I´ll try and find a way of contacting him .

#84137 - 04/03/09 01:50 PM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: steve robinson]
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Thanks Steve, big help. And which one he goes to too, they seem to have four or five dotted around Madrid

#84186 - 04/07/09 04:31 AM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: Jamongris]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

He was at the Beer Station on Thursday ...I´m "probably " going to O´Neil´s tonight so if he´s there i´ll speak to him .

#84187 - 04/07/09 04:36 AM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Daniel . I know , of course , that Instituto Cervantes has an incredible reputation , but what is it that makes them so much better than the rest ?

#84234 - 04/13/09 12:40 PM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: steve robinson]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Steve, i just got on much better there than other spanish classes i tried. obviously they are all spanish teaches, and only speak to you in spanish regardless of how much you try to use english at the start, but i liked the laid-back style that was used.

i stuck it out going to night school for 3 years and it certainly paid off. i noticed a school of theirs in madrid as well the other day. one thing they offer, that i know a lot of other spanish schools don't, are the option to take exams in spanish that are recognised by the spanish government.

although, at the end of the day, it all boils down to how good your tutor is.

Daniel

#84249 - 04/14/09 11:21 AM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

That´s really helpful Daniel ... The exam at the end sounds a real selling point ( If you pass it , of course ! ) . Thanks for the info .
Steve

#84261 - 04/15/09 07:47 AM Re: Madrid Language Schools? [Re: steve robinson]
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
Anyone can take the DELE (the Spanish government's test on Spanish proficiency), not just those that go to Instituto Cervantes. I think it's offered twice a year. Most universities offer classes for foreigners taught by professors--even some that are specifically for studying to pass the DELE.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Irene
Who's Online
0 registered (), 185 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments