MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#45572 - 04/14/08 04:46 PM Re: Saint Louis University in Madrid
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
so, I think the decision is to go to St. Louis in Madrid. Scotland's weather was definitely a consideration in the decision, but the real reason to go to St. Louis is to be in Spain for 4 years legally...something that she has been really wanting all throughout high school. This decision means that we will be visiting Madrid more often cool and that makes the whole family so happy! clap Just wanted to post an end to the thread. thanks to everyone for their wisdom.

#45573 - 04/15/08 01:41 PM Re: Saint Louis University in Madrid
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

esperanza, I think it's fantastic that your daughter has decided on SLU-Madrid. While I'm sure that St. Andrew's University is a great school, and Scotland is very beautiful, I think she made a good choice to go to Madrid. Her Spanish will be fantastic, she will be studying with people from all over the world, she will have much better weather, and she will see those beautiful mountains in the distance from campus. clap

#45574 - 09/19/08 07:55 AM Re: Saint Louis University in Madrid
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
la historiadora,
I thought of you yesterday as I was talking to my daughter, who is LOVING St. Louis, because she told me that one of the best parts of her politics class is seeing the mountains from that top floor! She is so happy! and of course, I am thrilled!

So far it has been a great experience. From the orientation on the Camino de Santiago :hdspin: to her wonderful roommate and new international friends and the amazing neighborhood she is living in (Moncloa/Argüelles) to the family she is living with(who happen to be from Galicia, where our family is from!) to the school itself.

#45575 - 09/20/08 12:11 AM Re: Saint Louis University in Madrid
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

esperanza,
I was just thinking of you and your daughter as I read some of your recent posts, and I was wondering how she was doing at SLU and in my old Madrid stomping grounds. wink

I am delighted to hear that things are going so well for her, and I love that she has a great view of those mountains! cloud9

I went back to SLU this summer while I was in Madrid to visit with a favorite profesora with whom I've kept in touch over many years, and it was strange to walk around campus. It seems that it hasn't changed too much and I have many fond memories from my semester there.

Thanks so much for the post and please keep us updated on her experiences. wave

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments