MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#45031 - 01/06/06 11:18 AM Re: Back in Benalmádena with my books
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Arturo - enjoy the rest of your trip and hopefully we can read about it on the forum. I look forward to seeing the photos and also reading a review about your accommodation in those new locations.

Sallyanne - enjoy the concert and let us know how it went.

#45032 - 01/10/06 11:53 AM Re: Back in Benalmádena with my books
hawaiianbelle Offline

Loc: New York
The pictures are great and I love the mural!!!
That is awesome!! Thanks for the pictures they are great!!!

#45033 - 01/21/06 07:20 PM Re: Back in Benalmádena with my books
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I have been home now for 10 days and things have finally gotten back to normal. I have caught up at work and am over the jet lag. I have started editing my photos and will try to post some of the photos from Coin. I have to figure out how to post the photos.

#45034 - 01/22/06 03:20 AM Re: Back in Benalmádena with my books
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Hi Arturo
Glad things are back to normal for you - same here and I am now thinking about my trips to Spain this year.
October in Madrid is a definite. I have booked the same appartment I was in last October in el Barrio del Palacio. Ultra central and quiet! I still have to book the flight though.
Easter I think with be Fuengirola and classes in Benalmadena. I need to think about summer because some circumstances have changed.
Regarding your photos:
1. Does you ISP provide you with free webspace? If so, upload you photos to you free webspace and then link to them from you posting.
For example, the image above of the "hat on chair" is stored in my free webspace. The image has the URL http://www.aszx02.dsl.pipex.com/images/xmas05/Market_07.jpg
so in my posting, I click on the IMAGE button and paste in the URL when prompted.
If possible, reduce the resolution of your photos. The ones above are only 640 x 480!
2. If your ISP does not give you free webspace then use putfile.com They provide you with free space. For example, if you go to www.putfile.com/robbieroy then you can see some media that I put there. The downside is that you have to upload the images one at a time.
Hope this helps.
RR

#45035 - 01/22/06 05:54 AM Re: Back in Benalmádena with my books
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I think I've got it. Thanks...

RobbieRoy in Coin

#45036 - 02/19/06 03:07 AM Re: Back in Benalmádena with my books
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Happy ending
This is an update for those of you who followed this tread and particularly the events surrounding the robbery that happened.
The outcome of the insurance claim was, fortunately, succcessful.
I ended up claiming through my Household insurance, since this allowed me to claim more than through my travel insurance. The net result was....
Mobile/cell phone: I received a replacement, but a newer model, since the one I had was fairly old. Currently it is still in its box and I am using the 50 Euro one I bought in Spain.
Digital camera: I had a fairly new Olympus C120, which I think was an "end of line". this was replaced by a newer model with x10 optical zoom and a larger CSD display. I am well pleased with it.
Money: the sums of money that were stolen (sterling and euros) were replaced in full. This despite not have the receipts for currency exchange. However, I was able to provide evidence (via bank statements) of withdrawals to purchase.
Wallet, bum bag and driving licence: I was reimbursed with the cas equivalent.

So, what advice would I offer fellow travellers to ease an insurance claim.
1. Keep all currency excahnge receipts at home so that you have clear evidence of purchase.
2. If you are taking a camera, mobile/cell phone or any other piece of ewuipment such as a laptop, make sure that you have kept some proof of purchase, including serial numbers etc.
Keep a photocopy of you passport and driving licence.
3. Only take the credit cards that you intend using and make sure that you have the telephine number for rapid cancellation.
4. If you do suffer from theft, them make sure that you report it to the police and complete and get a copy of your report.
It might help to have a list of the items that you ahve with you on holiday made out (with make, model, serial number and cash value). This will help the reporting process.
5. Whilst on holiday, try not to keep all your documentation, money, credit cards etc in the same place (unless it is in a safe). I was fortunate in that my passport was not with the items that were stolen.

Finally - theft of you posessions whilst on holiday does leave a sour taste in you mouth. However, take precautions before you go and while you are on holiday.
Don't panic if it happens to you. Know what you should do in terms of cancelling card and reporting to the police.
Instigate the insurance claim on your return. If you have all the necessary documentation and evidence, then this should go smoothly.
As the Spanish say: "A lo hecho pecho, seguimos adelante".
Robbieroy

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments