Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4457 - 08/02/02 01:05 PM Madrid:GayHostal Puerta del Sol?
surferboy Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara, California
I can find no posts/comments about Gay Hostal Puerta Del Sol . Has anyone stayed there? Comments?

#4458 - 08/02/02 01:24 PM Re: Madrid:GayHostal Puerta del Sol?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi surferboy! Welcome to the Spain-Loving Group!

Hostal Puerta del Sol in Madrid is relatively new to the internet (less than 1 year) but I've been hearing about them (being in business) for several years now. They have a GREAT location, but that's all I know about them. Sorry! But, with time, I'm sure more people will review them.

If you stay there, would you please return here to this, your thread and tell us what you thought of it? Afterall, your experiences will help all future travelers. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4459 - 08/02/02 04:42 PM Re: Madrid:GayHostal Puerta del Sol?
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
I dropped in about a month ago to check it out and they showed me around, so while I haven't stayed there, the staff seemed friendly, and there was a nice vibe. And the view from the terraza over Sol is unbeatable.

#4460 - 08/02/02 09:02 PM Re: Madrid:GayHostal Puerta del Sol?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Sheesh barry! Sounds like you got the V.I.P. treatment! How do you rate? hehehe... Thanks for giving your firsthand account of the insides of the place. smile

Oh, I was wondering, the terraza they have on the uppermost level, is that "reserved" ONLY for the person who rents the room which has the terraza outside or is there a kind of public (to the hostel) access to it?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4461 - 08/02/02 09:09 PM Re: Madrid:GayHostal Puerta del Sol?
barry Offline

The ritzy rooms have their own terrazas and then there's the common terraza where meals and breakfast are served. I got the 4-star treatment by the way, but even that failed to get me invited into one of the aforementioned ritzy suites.

#4462 - 08/21/02 10:56 AM Re: Madrid:GayHostal Puerta del Sol?
Horseguy Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Hi MadridMan...et al...
I just found your website today. Wow! You've put an amazing amount of information...and of yourself...into your site. Congratulations! Both come off looking great!
I've 'bookmarked' you for future reference as I will be in Madrid in early September.
I've also just contacted the Puerta del Sol about reservations...so I'll let you know what it is like to stay there.
I wanted to pick somewhere central as I only have 2 days in Madrid before I head south to Cadiz.
I'm planning on renting a car for my two weeks in Spain. Does that generally work out ok? Will it be difficult to find parking in the area of the hotel?
I look forward to hearing from you...either on here...or directly to my email.
Talk to you soon.
Mark

#4463 - 08/21/02 11:25 AM Re: Madrid:GayHostal Puerta del Sol?
barry Offline

I wouldn't recommend renting a car for your stay in Madrid. You certainly won't need one and parking in the city centre is not easy. You could put it in a parking garage, but why bother? It'll only cost you money. Instead, pick up the car the day you're leaving. There are two centrally located rental car pick-up spots a few minutes walk from Sol, in the Plaza España area.

#4464 - 08/22/02 09:42 AM Re: Madrid:GayHostal Puerta del Sol?
Horseguy Offline

Hi Barry-
Thanks for your advice.
I have a 3 week rate so I'm not sure how much I would save for a couple of days...but I'll look into it. (The Hostal has since emailed me to let me know that there is a public parking lot 30m from them.)

As for my time in Madrid...I only have 2 full days so I'll be burning the candle at both ends. Trying to be tourist guy in the day...and sample the nightlife at night. Could be exhausting...but fun!

I'm driving south after Madrid and will be visiting Seville, Cadiz, Malaga and Jerez.
Any suggestions of 'not to miss' things?

Talk to you soon.
Mark

#4465 - 08/22/02 10:07 AM Re: Madrid:GayHostal Puerta del Sol?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

smile Please stay on topic: Madrid:GayHostal Puerta del Sol?

For info on things to do/see, please visit/post on the "Food, Drink, & Entertainment" forum. Or regarding specific places, please visit "Favorite Places" forum. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

#4466 - 08/22/02 11:40 AM Re: Madrid:GayHostal Puerta del Sol?
Horseguy Offline

Thanks Madridman-
I've been navigating your site like crazy picking up info.
Can't wait to be there.
The only other places that I have been in Spain are Barcelona and Sitges.
Talk to you soon.
Mark

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments