Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4438 - 07/19/02 02:04 PM Lodging in La Coruna
Lepatriinu Offline

Loc: Estonia
Hi,

Is anyone familiar with hostals or cheaper hotels in La Coruna - do they tend to be full in August or would it be possible to find something even without booking beforehand.
They seem to be a lot less "visible" in internet than the Madrid hostals.

#4439 - 07/19/02 02:20 PM Re: Lodging in La Coruna
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Just to clarify, you are asking about the CITY of La Coruña and not the PROVINCE of La Coruña, correct? Upon getting your reply/clarification, I'll post a list of links which I've found but know nothing about. Anyone ever stayed in any of the hostels (called "hostales" in Spanish - the word "hostals" doesn't exist in either the English or the Spanish dictionary) there??

Hope to hear from you soon! Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4440 - 07/19/02 03:21 PM Re: Lodging in La Coruna
Lepatriinu Offline

Loc: Estonia
Hi there!

My mistake, but you got it right - the city of La Coruna and hostales as known in Spanish.
All I've found so far is list of hotels in turismocoruna.com.
I need the room for one night only, so maybe I better just take the night bus...

#4441 - 07/23/02 06:54 PM Re: Lodging in La Coruna
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi again, Lepatriinu! You're right. There are few hostels on the internet in La Coruña, but I expect that will improve/increase in the very VERY near future. Madrid has nearly 80 on the internet and is far and above any other city/location in Spain - logically so, I guess.

You might try searching this forum (see link upper right) using the words HOSTAL CORUÑA as keywords.

Also, while I don't know anything about the hostels listed on the below link, there are 6 hostels with websites listed @:

http://www.SpainHostels.com/links/Galicia/La_Coruna/La_Coruna/

Good luck! And please tell us which you chose and how you liked/diskliked it. Afterall, YOUR experiences benefit future travelers!! smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments