Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44379 - 10/12/03 05:10 PM Madrid language school recommendations?
Sparks Offline

Loc: FT Worth, Tx
My son is interested in living in Spain, probably Madrid, & thought the best thing to do was to go with a language school so he can brush up on his high school/college Spanish while living with a family. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable school? Thanks

#44380 - 10/12/03 07:46 PM Re: Madrid language school recommendations?
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
My then-future wife was my Spanish school. She jokingly called it "Escuela Español, cuerpo á cuerpo." Highly recommend you learn from your sweetie! laugh

#44381 - 10/12/03 08:04 PM Re: Madrid language school recommendations?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
http://www.malacainst-ch.es/left.htm

This is the link to a school in Málaga that is excellent. Duke University has used this school for over 25 years. I have been there twice and plan to return again next year. I recommend it without any reservation. The families that we have lived with have also been wonderful.

#44382 - 10/13/03 12:15 AM Re: Madrid language school recommendations?
DanaD1966 Offline

Loc: Medford, Oregon USA
I will be studying in Madrid at a school called, "Estudio Sampere" this January. Although I personally have not yet attended, I did a lot of research. This included speaking with more than 20 alumni students, which provided information, stories of personal experiences, and a large amount of positive feedback. I have also spoken with the school respresentative from the USA, Dorothy Rudy, on several occasions. She is wonderful about providing information, as well as getting back to me in a timely manner. I would recommend contacting her for further information. Take a look at their website too: www.spanishworksinc.com Honestly, I've heard so many wonderful things about various schools throughout Spain. As long as you stick with a company that you've taken the time to research, then I'm certain you won't go wrong. I personally look forward to the experience of just being in Spain, and meeting the people, as much as I do learning the language! No matter what.....I have no doubt I'm making the right decision.

Best wishes and good luck,
Dana

#44383 - 10/19/03 09:26 AM Re: Madrid language school recommendations?
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
My wife and son and I studied at Formula Sí for a month in Madrid. We loved it. The people were great and the quality of instruction was excellent. They now have locations outside of Madrid as well. But my advice is.....go to Madrid.

Their website is www.formulasi.com

Buena Suerte

#44384 - 01/15/04 06:14 AM Re: Madrid language school recommendations?
Tamara Offline

Loc: breda, the netherlands
don Quijote

is a very good school too. they arrange everything very well and they have good teachers. they also have the contacts for a stay with a spanish family. i can really recommend this school.

#44385 - 01/19/04 05:25 PM Re: Madrid language school recommendations?
Sparks Offline

Loc: FT Worth, Tx
My son finally made a decision with the help of a guy who lives in Seville & has a web site, exploresevill.com. We e-mailed him & he helped us out with some suggestions on reputable schools. Seville appealed to my son because it was a smaller city & was not too far away from the coast. He chose CLIC & is all set to leave Feb. 14th.

#44386 - 01/21/04 08:18 PM Re: Madrid language school recommendations?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Have fun!!

I leave the 12th of February to return to school in Málaga. The school is located high on a hill overlooking the ocean and I am staying close by with the same family as last year. Every day I read the emails from home about the ice, cold and snow. Then, after am fed a wonderful meal by my host family, complete with various wines, I walk along the ocean. Hmmm...no wonder I love Málaga!!! laugh laugh

#44387 - 02/04/04 01:50 PM Re: Madrid language school recommendations?
Flymistr Offline

Loc: Atlanta
I studied at CLIC in Sevilla for 4 weeks last September. It is an excellent school.

Chelsea Clinton studied there a couple of years ago. Not that her being there makes the place great, but I am sure some White House staffer researched the schools in Sevilla thoroughly before sending Chelsea there.

#44388 - 03/05/04 08:22 AM Re: Madrid language school recommendations?
craig1 Offline

i attended ALCE in Madrid on 2 occasions. This is an excellent program with a very professional staff. Small classes. Very highly recommended.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments