Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4417 - 07/11/02 06:42 PM My Recent Visit to Madrid
derek Offline

Loc: London. UK
I have just returned from another holiday in Madrid (my third) and have had a great week in an apartment that somebody recommended to me here a while ago. I still don't know exactly what it was called but the link was http://www.inicia.es/de/elprado/ and it is on the corner of Huertas and Jesus, not far from the Prado Museum.

The owners were very helpful and offered to pick us up from the airport but even with a toddler the Metro is so quick and easy to navigate (after the London tube..) that we declined.

We paid 350 euros for 8 nights and had a good apartment in the middle of everything, which was secure and air conditioned.

I heartily recommend it and would definitely go back there again.

We flew with Iberia from London Heathrow to Barajas and the service was suberb. The flight attendants had recieved the meal requirements we had ordered and there was even a child seatbelt attachment on the seat for us. The legroom was certainly greater than what the UK budget airlines provide.

Thanks MadridMan for all your help in providing all this info...

Derek

#4418 - 07/11/02 07:30 PM Re: My Recent Visit to Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi dc! Thanks for your feedback about this great-sounding apartment in Huertas neighborhood of Madrid.

You probably read about it in the " Nice apartment in Madrid " thread. Our message board member Hilde is staying at the very same place this entire month and she's also meeting a number of the other message board members tomorrow (Friday) night in the Plaza Mayor (10pm at the horse).

Thanks for the feedback and hope you make it back to Spain someday soon!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4419 - 08/05/02 03:22 AM Re: My Recent Visit to Madrid
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
I am the person who recommended the apartment to you. We spent three months there and loved it. Glad that it worked out, and thanks to MadridMan for posting a link to the website that has the info about it.

Hey, MadridMan. I was at your party in April. I have been waiting for a group photo of that stellar event. Anything forthcoming?

Saludos

GoMadrid (Lee) de California

#4420 - 08/05/02 05:08 AM Re: My Recent Visit to Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi again, GoMadrid! Good to see you again. As you might know, our message board member Hilde spent nearly the entire month of July at these apartments and she too had only glowing reviews so we all thank you for enlightening us all.

As for photos of last spring's " Party With MadridMan: Version 4.0 ", you'll see all the photos on Page 3 in the lonnnnnnng thread on the subject as well as LostInMadrid's fantastic photos HERE (more of your family here).

Hope you make it back to Madrid and Spain soon!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4421 - 08/12/02 12:31 AM Re: My Recent Visit to Madrid
sabalagirl Offline

Loc: Utah
It there just one apartment at this site or or there more. Looks great and the site is right where one would want to be.
Sabalagirl

#4422 - 08/12/02 05:36 AM Re: My Recent Visit to Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

sabalagirl, yes. There is only one apartment at this location and on the above listed website.

#4423 - 08/12/02 02:23 PM Re: My Recent Visit to Madrid
stacey Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Hi Madridman, that same apartment that you are talking about near the Prado. I had to give that apartment up. It sounded like a really nice place. They have it avalable for three days August 29, through September 1.

#4424 - 08/14/02 11:07 PM Re: My Recent Visit to Madrid
Connie_in_Flint Offline

Loc: Flint, MI
Hi, I'm new, so pardon my ignorance. I saw a mention of construction on Huertas on one of the other threads (which I couldn't find when I tried to look for it again!). I am talking with Hostal Lopez (e-mail), expect to stay there for a few days in September. Please tell me there won't be jackhammers and dust outside our lovely balcony.
The part about no cars sounds pretty nice laugh

#4425 - 08/14/02 11:15 PM Re: My Recent Visit to Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Connie_in_Flint, maybe pim or barry can enlighten us as they both live, more or less, in the area. I understand the re-construction is happening now on the UPPER/UPHILL end of Huertas now and is working its way down towards Paseo del Prado. Any idea if it's yet NEAR Hostal López ? I'm also very curious.

Saludos, MadridMan

#4426 - 08/15/02 10:33 AM Re: My Recent Visit to Madrid
josie Offline

Loc: Silver Spring, MD, USA
My daughter and I stayed at Hostal Lopez this past May, and never mind construction in the street--there were obras right IN the hostal! Well, make that in the *building* Hostal Lopez is located in, on the ground floor. The noise did carry though. Our room, on the 2nd floor of the hostal (3rd floor of the building), faced the interior courtyard and when the workmen were on the job, we knew it.

HOWEVER, they rarely began work before 8-8:30 am, and they didn't work weekends, so I can't say that our sleep was disturbed. We were generally awake, moving around and making ready to be out en las calles de Madrid by the time they really got to work.

Hopefully they are finished by now (though the scaffolding around the hostal entrance made it really easy to locate!)

josie
wondering, are they removing all the old posts (formerly for horses?) that mark the edge of the sidewalk? I liked them, despite falling over one in Granada...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 721 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments