Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4398 - 07/01/02 03:30 AM Madrid:Hotel Plaza Mayor
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Since this board has been such a help to me in preparing for my current trip to Spain, I wanted to post my impressions on the place where Iīm staying.

Iīm at the Hotel Plaza Mayor in Madrid and itīs great. Iīm staying in a single room thatīs very nicely appointed. Small desk, reasonably comfy bed, TV, walls painted a sort of peach color, wood floor (sort of a Pergo kind of thing). Itīs air-conditioned and you can control the settings yourself from a thermostat on the wall. Itīs an exterior room (actually, all of the rooms in the hotel are), but itīs not noisy, partly bcs Iīm on the fifth floor and partly bcs the hotel sits at the top of C/Atocha where it empties into the relatively quiet Plaza Santa Cruz. You can see the walls of the Plaza Mayor from my window.

The staff is VERY friendly and helpful. There is a small bar on the premises which is perfect for grabbing breakfast or a snack.

When the maids have been cleaning the other rooms on my floor Iīve tried to see what a double room looks like. They look a little cramped, but nicely appointed, too.

Thereīs a BBVA bank machine just outside the hotel door, as well as a mailbox.

Any questions about it, nowīs the time to ask, bcs Iīll be here for about another week!

#4399 - 07/01/02 05:57 AM Re: Madrid:Hotel Plaza Mayor
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
liz49, thanks for the feedback!!!! We really appreciate it. The Hotel Plaza Mayor website doesn't mention an elevator. Can you tell us if it has one? I assume it does, but would like the personal confirmation.

And does your room, in fact, have a lock-box? Are you using it? And that air conditioning, does it get cool enough? Does your room have a small balcony? Do you feel safe in the hotel and in the immediate surroundings? (these are all questions I know people WANT to ask, but may be afraid to)

Thanks again and enjoy yourself! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip in the other forums. smile

By the way..... August has lower prices!! Click on their "Special Prices" graphic to see them...

Special Offers (from their website)
from July 15, '02 until August 31, '02 the price will be the following.

60 euros Double room ( twin room or two beds)
60 euros Double room ( one bed for 2 persons)
40 euros Single room
regular prices show as:
70 euros Double room ( twin room or two beds)
70 euros Double room ( one bed for 2 persons)
48 euros Single room

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4400 - 07/01/02 08:39 AM Re: Madrid:Hotel Plaza Mayor
Judy Offline

Loc: australia
Hi Liz, can you find out if there is a triple room and cost, can you have a look for us,
Thanks
Judy smile

#4401 - 07/02/02 03:17 AM Re: Madrid:Hotel Plaza Mayor
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Okay, some answers to the questions about Hotel Plaza Mayor.

Yes, there is an elevator, though you have to walk up about five steps from the reception desk to get to it.

The air-conditioning is very good. I could make my room as cold as meat locker if I wanted to.

My windows open, but thereīs not really a balcony.

Most rooms have lock boxes, but some of the singles do not. Mine, for example, doesnīt.

I feel very safe in my immediate surroundings. The Plaza Santa Cruz is VERY well-lit and with the proximity to the Plaza Mayor there are always tons of people around.

Judy, unfortunately they donīt have any triples.

Keep those questions coming--Iīm happy to answer them!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 349 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments