MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#43805 - 06/04/02 06:49 PM Re: A quiz !
MichaelOH Offline

Loc: Paris, TX
Sel,

I am looking to stay for about 6 weeks. I have heard good arguments on both sides re: homestay. Still undecided. Maybe leaving this Sat the 8th.

#43806 - 06/04/02 09:00 PM Re: A quiz !
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
We leave in two less than 2 days. I am excited, but very nervous as well. laugh We have 10 days on our own, two weeks in school doing a homestay, and then 20 more days exploring. During the last 20 days we are spending 5 days with the family of a young TA that we met at our local university. We are avoiding fancy hotels with all the comforts of home and trying hard to be in places that expose us to authentic Spanish culture and their rich history. I hope we survive with our limited knowledge of Spanish. eek Good luck to you in your search. We will be studying at the Malaca Instituto in Málaga. smile

#43807 - 06/05/02 11:47 AM Re: A quiz !
MichaelOH Offline

That is terrific, Sel. It sounds as though you have some quality down time coming up.

I am still looking at schools, Malaca is one of them. Who knows, maybe we will cross paths.

I will probably be posting to this board from whichever school I end up at. This thing has been a help to me and I want to pay back a little.

#43808 - 06/10/02 11:06 AM Re: A quiz !
MichaelOH Offline

Got into Malaga yesterday. So far, the only advice I can offer is to refrain from obsessing over packing. smile

#43809 - 06/10/02 05:01 PM Re: A quiz !
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hey, MichaelOH

You're probably having so much fun there now...and What confused you did not bring a sarong with you? Kidding of course...

I was just amused about your comment on the packing...enjoy for all of us, will you?

Wyndy laugh

#43810 - 06/12/02 04:17 PM Re: A quiz !
MichaelOH Offline

I brough 2 pair of shorts, which at my weight look a whole lot better on me than a sarong. But when I get all buff I´ll run get me one:)

Also brought one pair of khaki slacks. That plus 5 pullover shirts, 1 or 2 tee shirts, 7 underwear, 4 or 5 pair of socks, one pair sandals, one pair casual/dress shoes, and one belt for the slacks. Thats it! That is for 6 weeks. What´s the big deal? I had room for all that plus my shaving kit and a towel and my bathrobe in one, count em one carry on bag. Though shalt not check-in baggage in the age of Bin Laden.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments