Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#437 - 09/23/00 10:13 AM HOSTELS BOOKED HELP!
monique Offline

Loc: miami,fl usa
I HAVE EMAILED ALMOST ALL OF THE HOSTELS LISTED ON MM BOARD INCLUDING RESIDENCIAS AND AM UNABLE TO GET RESERVATIONS.

I HAVE TWO THAT I AM UNABLE TO CONTACT BECAUSE NO EMAIL. IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE TO CALL INADDITION MY SPANISH IS LIMITED.

ANY IDEAS? IM DUE IN MADRID ON OCT 2.

#438 - 09/23/00 12:48 PM Re: HOSTELS BOOKED HELP!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
OH NO!!!!! (OUCH! MY EARS!!!) Monique, if you've tried all the hostels (called "hostales" in Spanish) on MadridMan's Madrid Hostels page then you've done all you can do.

I think I heard somewhere that there is a convention in town, not to mention the Feria de Otoño bullfighting festival extending until October 12th.

You may have to upgrade yourself to a hotel in this case, Monique. I just tried Hotel Plaza Mayor near the....umm.. Plaza Mayor! , but they have no rooms for Oct. 2. Your next option would be to try other hotels through the HotelSearch.com Spain hotel search site. Best of luck to you!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#439 - 09/23/00 03:15 PM Re: HOSTELS BOOKED HELP!
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Try the bestwestern website for one of their many reasonably priced hotels in the downtown area... Suerte!

#440 - 09/23/00 03:31 PM Re: HOSTELS BOOKED HELP!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Best Western has 9 hotels near the city center.

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 09-23-2000).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#441 - 09/23/00 03:32 PM Re: HOSTELS BOOKED HELP!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Remember, there are literally HUNDREDS of hostels in Madrid and only a small percentage of those have websites. It's probably logical to assume that all those WITH websites would become full first and those without don't (usually). How about getting a hotel for your first night and then, after having that first night secure, going door-to-door to the other hostels you see around Madrid. Be sure to ask to see the room you'll have before paying.

Saludos, MadridMan

#442 - 09/23/00 04:31 PM Re: HOSTELS BOOKED HELP!
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Just to warn anyone coming to Madrid during September and October. These are the busiest months of the year for hostels / hotels.

There are many people coming to Madrid for a number of reasons. Madridman said Feria de Otoño but this is next week. There were also the Semana Internacional del Regalo, Joyería y Bisutería . And, of course, many people come to Madrid to take advantage of the not-so-hot weather during September and October.

It's going to be very difficult to find accommodation in Madrid but not only at hostels, but also at hotels. Last year there were people who had to go sleep to Toledo or Guadalajara because there were no accommodation in Madrid (neither cheap nor expensive). I don't know where people are going this year but we are all the time receiving requests for rooms by e-mail, phone, ringing at the bell....

We even have problems to accommodate the people who had already booked rooms. Shawn is staying tonight at Hostal Massachussets because I wasn't able to find a room for him on Saturday (I told him not to cancel his first night there). Hope he survives . Tomorrow he will come to Hostal Chelo to take the only room we will have available.

Hope you have good luck in your research,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#443 - 09/23/00 11:25 PM Re: HOSTELS BOOKED HELP!
derek Offline

Loc: London. UK
I'obviously read the guide books about people taking their holidays in August in Madrid but last year I visited Madrid in early July and it seemde much quiter than this year when I visited in early September.
I still managed to book accommodation but there were more people about,for sure.

#444 - 09/25/00 11:49 AM Re: HOSTELS BOOKED HELP!
Sarah Offline

Loc: Scotland
Monique, do you know the Rough Guide site? (www.roughguides.com) Their Madrid page has a fair list of hostales - not with email I don't think, but I find it reassuring to have a list of fallbacks when I arrive in a place without a booking (or even with one).

#445 - 09/25/00 12:13 PM Re: HOSTELS BOOKED HELP!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Monique - try Hostales Americano - right in Sol - fax is 011-91-522-11-92. Check your phone book - make sure I included all the area codes (Spain then Madrid). I've stayed there in Feb/March - immaculate, reasonable, etc. Don't know what it's like nor the prices during October. They are not on the web - Good luck

[This message has been edited by Puna (edited 09-25-2000).]

#446 - 09/25/00 12:21 PM Re: HOSTELS BOOKED HELP!
monique Offline

Loc: miami,fl usa
thanks all you guys
still looking but have some promising leads

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments