Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4362 - 06/22/02 01:47 PM pension Dali in Barcelona
fortyguy Offline

Loc: arizona
Trying to find a place in Barcelona has been difficult. Everything that has been reviewed is full for the dates I will be be there. Anyone ever stayed at Pension Dali or know anything about it. It seems to be the only place with space left so I am kind or wondering??

#4363 - 06/23/02 01:59 AM Re: pension Dali in Barcelona
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I have stayed there on 3 occasions. Very basic and a bit old. Great value and one of the best locations in Barcelona. Close to Metro and Las Ramblas. Some rooms are better than others. All of the rooms I have stayed in have had large bathrooms. Hot water was plentiful. Televisions take coins, at last visit (Feb '02) they were still using pesetas which you could buy at the desk.(100pta/hr?) Reasonably priced vending machines in the lobby. (Water, soda, snacks) Mostly indifferent personnel. They have a safe at the desk. Old pulse style telephones, so phone cards are unusable. Lots of comfy chairs in public areas. 24 hour reception. Tour literature and maps available at the desk. I would be happy to answer any questions via private mail.

#4364 - 06/23/02 08:18 AM Re: pension Dali in Barcelona
fortyguy Offline

Thanks for the info. Sounds like an OK place. I guess I'll go for it.

#4365 - 06/23/02 10:31 AM Re: pension Dali in Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Pension Dalí doesn't seem to have a website, but I did find a little information about it according to a www.Google.com search. At THIS page, they quote what a couple guidebooks wrote about Pension Dalí:
Quote:
Frommer's
"the sculptured door frame... is the best decorative feature of the otherwise bland modernista building"

Lonely Planet's
"the sculptured door frame... is the best decorative feature of the otherwise bland modernista building"
Mongo, can you remember how you paid last Februrary for your room? Or fortyguy, do you know how much these rooms cost now?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4366 - 06/24/02 12:54 AM Re: pension Dali in Barcelona
fortyguy Offline

I'll post a review after going.

#4367 - 06/28/02 01:27 AM Re: pension Dali in Barcelona
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I paid with a credit card, I believe they take them all. Remember, this is a Pension that charges around US$20 (before the recent free-fall of the dollar) for a single without bath. I believe my double bedroom for a single with shower was US$30. After you decide it is clean and without bugs or burglars you look for positives. I rate it a good value.

#4368 - 08/07/02 12:47 PM Re: pension Dali in Barcelona
premium Offline

Loc: Dubai
Hi Momgo, Do u have the fax/phone number of this place?

thnks

#4369 - 08/07/02 01:01 PM Re: pension Dali in Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
premium (et.al.), Pensión Dalí numbers:

From outside of Spain: 34-93-318-5580
Fax from outside of Spain: 34-93-318-5580
Address: Boquería, 12

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4370 - 01/28/03 06:53 PM Re: pension Dali in Barcelona
athina Offline

Loc: montreal, canada
In case anyone's interested, I found this site on Pension/Hotel Dali: http://www.eurocheapo.com/barcelona/listings/selection/dali.asp

A friend and I plan to stay there in April. Seems like a great location and I can't complain about the rates.

This'll be my first trip to Spain and this site has been a great help. Thanks MadridMan!

#4371 - 02/21/03 01:10 PM Re: pension Dali in Barcelona
That guy Offline

Loc: US
I found this: http://www.pensiondali.com
Looks like I might have to check the place out for myself as well.
Thanks for the pointer.

/edit - just a quick question: Is this a fairly safe area of Barcelona?

-tg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments