Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#43138 - 07/17/01 01:17 AM =elemadrid=???
Bob27 Offline

Loc: Venice, CA
i'm also looking to study spanish in spain very soon and have just started my research. in looking in this message forum i thought i would find a lot of info on elemadrid seeing as how there's a big ol' ad for it on madridman's homepage! is madridman simply in it for the advertising $$$ or is this his endorsed "spanish for gringos" school? (no offense m-man, love this site!)

#43139 - 07/17/01 01:03 PM Re: =elemadrid=???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
There are a few reasons that =elemadrid= is advertising on MadridMan.com. First, yes, they pay for the advertising so that's always a good thing. Second, I've been hearing good things for years about them from people who have studied there. Third, I know a few of their people and in my opinion have a solid and authentic goal and work long hours trying to achieve that goal (the goal, of course, is to successfully school others in the language of Spanish). Finally (that's Fourth, if you've been counting), hey, they're IN MADRID and I can't say enough about learning the language I love so much.

I've never visited the school (I missed that goal during last October's trip), but have been invited many times and hope to do it in the spring. They seem to be in a good location and have good facilities. But personally, I can't say anything about them from experience, no. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#43140 - 07/25/01 09:27 AM Re: =elemadrid=???
Hilde Offline

Loc: Norway
Hi Bob,
I have just returned from elemadrid . I've been there for 4 weeks, and I can highly recomed it. The school and the proffesores are very profesionaly, and they will do anything for you, to have a great stay and learning progress. You will have both grammer and conversation clases. 3 evenings a week, they have a special learning program you can join if you want (it's included in the course fee). The school can help you get in contact with spanish people for conversation. It's just great. After 4 weeks I'm able to speak a little spanish, and I do understand quit a lot. ( I did not know much spanish before I came there). There are students from all over the world, with the same interests as you - study spanish. I have got a lot of new friends, who I will keep in touch with. And most important of all, I have not heard one student that was disappointed with the school. Go there - you will not regret it. I will definitely go back there next year.
BR Hilde

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#43141 - 07/28/01 02:01 PM Re: =elemadrid=???
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Jejejej, the money is certainly good and www.elemadrid.com also sponsor my website but as MadridMan says, they are good and I have heard nothing but success stories from my visitors and anyone who has studied there.

I am American and live in Madrid and am fluent in Spanish (My major in College and passion for it all my life laugh ) so I never actually needed a language course here but I have been there (to pick up those fat sponsorship checks :p) many times and I can tell you that the school is very nice, both inside and out and the people who run it could not be nicer.

"¡A estudiar ya!"
jer...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments