Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#43069 - 04/09/01 12:14 AM tips for salamanca
augustus28 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Hey guys-

I just recently got accepted for a summer study abroad program at la Universidad de Salamanca for this July 2001. I was wondering if anybody had any tips, comments, or suggestions about things to do in Salamanca. Best bars, clubs, places to hang out.......any info would be helpful. Or if anyone wants to suggest cultural info, I would appreciate that too.

Thanks

#43070 - 04/09/01 06:16 PM Re: tips for salamanca
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Well first off, you are soooo lucky! I am sure Nicole, taravb, lindsaywmoore, and the other Salamanca fans share the same jealousy I do. But anyway, we have definitely posted lots of Salamanca tips, so try just searching for Salamanca. If that doesn't bring up adequate info, just ask again, b/c do we ever have suggestions!

#43071 - 04/09/01 07:23 PM Re: tips for salamanca
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Yes, augustus28, you will have an amazing time in Salamanca! Definitely search the board for tips and ideas, and go to Salamanca with an open mind and heart. You'll find yourself drawn back there again and again if you keep an adventurous spirit and try to stretch beyond what's easy and comfortable.

Don't just hang out with Americans; meet as many people as you can and SPEAK SPANISH even when you're feeling awkward and embarrassed. It's an amazing place...but it is easy to fall into the pattern of longing for home and picking on those little inconveniences of living outside of your own (comfortable) country.

So my advice is to be an explorer, and learn about yourself in the process. It's a wonderful opportunity, and I only wish I could go back and do it again and again!

#43072 - 04/09/01 08:20 PM Re: tips for salamanca
expressdance Offline

Loc: Boston, Ma USA
Augustus, what program are you going to Salamanca with? I am also going to Salamanca for the entire month of July on a program with my school, the University of Massachusetts.

#43073 - 04/09/01 11:23 PM Re: tips for salamanca
augustus28 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
I'm also going through my school, University of Michigan. I'm staying with a family, but that's about all I know at this point. Haven't heard if it's a specific program, but I know I will be taking at least some classes within the actual university and not just through my own college at Salamanca. Definitely looking forward to the trip.

#43074 - 04/10/01 02:55 PM Re: tips for salamanca
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
EXPRESSDANCE, I am glad that you are studying in spain this summer. I have a question for you. Do you know of anyone at your school who has studdied through the Univ of Oviedo program at Umass A.? cool

#43075 - 04/10/01 04:17 PM Re: tips for salamanca
expressdance Offline

Loc: Boston, Ma USA
Matador, I don't personally know anyone who has, but I know that the international programs office here gives out a list of people who went on the Oviedo trip. Although, I have heard that its not the best place for a college student in terms of the fact that there isn't much going on there. I am going on an exchange to Sevilla next year, and since my University doesn't have much to offer for upper level students going to Spain, I'm applying to a program with CEA. Its slightly more expensive than a semester here at UMass, but I'm sure it will be well worth it. By the way, which school in Boston are you at?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments