Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4306 - 06/10/02 03:38 PM Madrid: hostels booking
manz Offline

Loc: calgary
hey I was just wondering how safe it was to book a hostel via email with my visa number as that seems to be the only way to go with hostal Martin ...or other hostels i have checked, just curious to see if others have done it before.

#4307 - 06/10/02 04:06 PM Re: Madrid: hostels booking
josie Offline

Loc: Silver Spring, MD, USA
manz, I stayed at Hostal Martin last year, and if I remember correctly, they asked me to send my Visa number to them in 3 different emails; that is, I sent them 3 different emails and included a different part of my Visa number in each one (does that make sense?). I had no problems either at Hostal Martin, or with Internet thieves grabbing my card number.

#4308 - 06/10/02 06:33 PM Re: Madrid: hostels booking
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi manz!! Welcome to MadridMan's ALL SPAIN Message Board! smile

The way josie was asked to do it, in 3-different emails, is pretty secure. Even MORE secure than via email is sending CC information by FAX.

Hostels (called "hostales" in Spanish) in Spain requesting a CC number to reserve a room is getting to be the norm.. EVEN from hostels which don't accept them! It's a deterrent for those people who commonly reserve at 10 different hostels, choose the one they like best, and then DON'T cancel the reservations at the other 9. The hostels which DO require/accept credit cards WILL charge your credit card for the first night's reservation if you don't show up or cancel within 24 hours.

Good luck and have fun in Spain!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4309 - 06/11/02 07:17 PM Re: Madrid: hostels booking
manz Offline

Loc: calgary
hey

thanks i think i will be throwing a fax there way, sounds the easiest and most secure way.

ciao

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments