Thanks Jo-Anne. I feel a bit guilty now, because I was supposed to be working - but then my job sometimes involves booking hotel rooms for the great and the good and lamenting the fact there isn't much available that's cheap yet salubrious in Liverpool, so I'm going to tell my boss I was undertaking "research".

I can't say anything about sleeping in the NEW Liverpool Airport, all I know and care about the LJL is that it is the departure point for all the cheap easyjet flights to Spain and is just a short bus ride from my flat. The other thing I know about the LJL is that the bus you need to catch to get there is NOT the same bus you need to catch to get to the supermarket - but when will I ever learn? I've been there twice this month already, and I'm not flying out until August...

I was actually near your throbbing metropolis only the other week, to see my sister who now lives in Denholme. We visited the antiques shops in Haworth, and I heard there was a "turn" on at The Royal.

(Do you think the Tourist Board will give us both a job for the shameless cheek of promoting the hotspots of Britain on a site dedicated to the hotspots of Spain?)

Sonia