Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42873 - 10/30/00 07:41 PM winter studying
markides Offline

Loc: Austin, TX USA
Has anyone studied in Spain over January?
I am trying to decide on where to go.

I am leaning toward Sevilla, but the weather scares me. Maybe Malaga?

Also, with a family, or in a flat?

Any info is appreciated

#42874 - 10/30/00 07:51 PM Re: winter studying
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
i would suggest a flat than with a family, just so you have your freedom to roam and do as you please, you don't have to be under the family rules and can come and go as you please. That's just a personal suggestion, other may differ i just like the freedon to do what you want, without having to tiptoe around and follow other's rules. I feel I worked very hard and saved my money and am paying for this, i want to enjoy it and do as i please. This of course is in the case you don't who these people are you are staying with.

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

#42875 - 10/31/00 01:06 AM Re: winter studying
ilovemadrid Offline

Loc: Hawaii
It just depends on what you are looking for, because in Sevilla I lived with a family and learned a lot of Spanish by talking with them and constantly being surrounded by everyday conversation (about the news, food, cleaning, laundry, the dogs, weather, everything) and slang. It also depends on what kind of family you get. I had a great family and they gave me keys and I was able to go out and come back whenever I wanted to, and never felt smothered or like I had no freedom. Also I can't cook, so it helped to eat all of the GREAT food that my host mother prepared, and to hear about what kind of dishes they were and where they came from. Overall it was a wonderful cultural experience, but then again there are people who would rather do their own thing and not have to worry about rules and having to tell people when they go out. There are also people who end up with host families with whom they do not get along. So in short, I guess the sentence that would say it all is, "it depends". He, he, he. Good luck!

#42876 - 11/03/00 03:40 PM Re: winter studying
markides Offline

Loc: Austin, TX USA
Thanks for the response guys!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments