Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4286 - 06/07/02 04:01 PM camping in San Sebastian + Barcelona etc
topherstevens Offline

I would first like to say that this site has been invaluable in helping my girlfriend and myself plan for our adventures. Thank-you Madrid Man for your dedication to providing such comprehensive information. My next step after booking a room in Madrid for a night is travelling to San Sebastian by bus and find a campsite (Hopefully on or close to the beach is our only real service that we need!)

Also anyone who has camped along the Cataluna coast who could recomend a campsite it would be greatly appreciated.

One other thing that was kinda on my mind was if we do manage to find a campsite in either location how careful should we be with our gear? Should we pack it up and take it with us to the beach or leave our tent set up with our bags in it? I know this may sound real parinoid but when you are carring your house around on your back it would really suck if it went missing

Any assistance would be welcomed with opened arms and upon returning I will share my experiences for others to read.

thanks
topher

#4287 - 06/08/02 06:47 PM Re: camping in San Sebastian + Barcelona etc
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi topherstephens! I'm so happy you've found the message board to be useful in planning your upcoming trip.

I honestly have no experience with camping in Spain (only in the USA), but you might visit www.VayaCamping.net (English version available) to see the few campsites available near San Sebastian. Just so you know, San Sebastian is in the province of GUIPUZCOA -- this will help you narrow down your search - they have a clickable map on the site.

I too would be interested to know if anyone has camped on Spain's northern regions.

Good luck and have fun! Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4288 - 06/08/02 11:40 PM Re: camping in San Sebastian + Barcelona etc
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
When in the Costa Brava section of Cataluña I stay in a relative's home, but several of my Northern European cousins come down to visit and stay in "campings." There are loads of them along the coast. One of my cousins in particular has stayed in several, and is very enthusiastic about them. They go almost every year. I just wish I could remember the names of the places!! In any case, you will have no trouble at all finding a campsite. Be aware that they can really fill up after 15 July. My cousin and her friends leave everything (except important papers and money) at the campsite and don't worry about it. (I would worry, but only because that's the way I am.) They love camping in Spain - it's their preferred way to travel.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments