Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42735 - 02/18/08 01:53 PM Health Insurance
Oldman Florida Offline

Loc: Fort Walton Beach Florida USA
I am currently thinking about returning to Madrid to live and need to find out information on Health Insurance. I am retired military and have Tricare Prime right now and will be drawing Social Security this year so will have Medicare also. Does anyone know if any hospitals/doctors will take any of the above.

#42736 - 02/18/08 06:16 PM Re: Health Insurance
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm not familiar with this health insurance but would guess your first and most important question would be what visa you would need in order to live in Madrid permanently/legally.

Or if you're single and happen to fall in love with a Spaniard then sound the wedding bells and VOILA! You won't have to worry about the insurance or anything.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#42737 - 02/18/08 06:57 PM Re: Health Insurance
Neddie Offline

Loc: Atlanta USA
...Oldman Florida...Social Security may be remitted to Spain but Medicare will not pay for any medical expenses incurred outside the US (i'm not sure about places like US Virgin Islands, Guam, etc.) I suggest you ask Tricare Prime what their policy is.
... www.ssa.gov has a wealth of info.

#42738 - 03/12/08 04:14 PM Re: Health Insurance
EchoFox Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I have been watching this website now for many many years, probably as long as MadridMan has been in existence. I finally became a member of the team and noticed your question. Here is some information regarding Medicare and Tricare in Spain. My wife is Spanish so I have no problem receiving any type of medical attention in Spain. For those with Medicare and Tricare for Life here is the latest. Medicare does not cover any medical emergencies or visits overseas (for the moment) except places like the US Virgin Islands and Guam. Tricare for Life will pay 80%, but please ensure that you get all of your receipts for claiming your 80%. Good and valuable information can be obtained from www.tricare4u.com. This is a very good site. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 349 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments