Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42727 - 01/04/08 03:57 AM Finally going home
RealMadOllie Offline

Loc: Rio Rancho, New Mexico
MadridMan, friends, etc...

I've come to the point that my whole life has been building up to, I'm immigrating to Spain.

I didn't post this topic to gloat- far from it. I'm actually in dire need of advice regarding the aforementioned.

I'm Spanish by origin, (my mother is a Spaniard) so getting citizenship won't be an issue in the slightest. What mainly concerns me is what I'll do for employment once I arrive- since I'm far from interested in living in the street or taking advantage of my family.

I'll be graduating in the fall of 08' with a degree in broadcast journalism, but I suspect that I'll have very little success with that- at least for the first few years. As a result I've been looking into what I would need to do to become certified to teach English and make some sort of living.

I'm fluent in both English and Castilian and have been looking on the internet for a few weeks now for programs and other information to get said certification.

Alas, this is where I'm in need of guidance. There are so many different programs and such that I'm, to be frank, a little overwhelmed and confused. If anyone has ANY suggestions or other advice I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks for taking the time to read my plea.

O. Riggle-Perez

#42728 - 01/04/08 07:00 AM Re: Finally going home
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Good luck with your decision. I'm sure you have mixed feelings about it - as you should.

If you haven't started the citizenship process yet, START NOW! While there's little question you'll be able to get it, it could take a year or longer to complete the process.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about programs but no doubt some of our members do. Sorry!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments