Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#427 - 09/20/00 10:47 PM HOSTELS IN MADRID
Alana Offline

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Has anyone heard anything about Pension Antonio or Hostel Fonda Horizonte?
I am looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Madird for a few days and I found these two hostels on this site. Any further sugestions??
Also, I've read that convents/ monastaries are good places to stay if you don't mind helping out and I've actually heard the same about B&Bs...
If anyone has any info, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx!!!!
Alana

#428 - 09/21/00 11:57 AM Re: HOSTELS IN MADRID
serdar Offline

Loc: ankara/Turkey
hi..
last may I was stay at 'pension antonio' for a week in madrid. it was a simple but nice place...it was 1.800 pesetas for a night..and it is near garn via...and near to metro station NOVICIADO...
I am going to travel madrid next week...and maybe stay in pansion antonio...
have fun...bye

#429 - 09/21/00 12:49 PM Re: HOSTELS IN MADRID
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
Why not try Hostal Chelo? Antonio, who you will see/hear from on this board is in the family business. Check it out!

#430 - 09/21/00 03:07 PM Re: HOSTELS IN MADRID
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
As for B&Bs none of the hostels I know (and I know a few) give breakfast. So hostels are just Bs . Also, I have never heard of places that accept help of their customers in return for room or something like that.

As for monasteries / convents few of them take guests. But it's really difficult to find a place there. From what I've heard, you have to book like 1 year (or even more) in advance and they usually take people who are going to spend a lot of time in a peaceful place to write a book, study...

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#431 - 09/29/00 03:05 PM Re: HOSTELS IN MADRID
DJ Denis Offline

Loc: Belfast, Maine, United States
Alana,

I have a room booked at Hostal Fonda Horizonte for next Wednesday (October 4). They seem very friendly and the price is so low it is almost scary ($18). Assuming that I have not mistakenly booked a room at a brothel, I would recommend the place. I have not actually seen it yet (still in America right now) but it sounds very promising. Good luck!

#432 - 10/02/00 12:24 AM Re: HOSTELS IN MADRID
Heidi Offline

Loc: Beaverton, OR USA
I recently spent four nights at Hostel Horizonte and would recommend it. It was affordable, in a central location, and the management is nice.

It is a little loud at night outside on the street, but a pair of earplugs do the trick.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments