Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#427 - 09/20/00 10:47 PM HOSTELS IN MADRID
Alana Offline

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Has anyone heard anything about Pension Antonio or Hostel Fonda Horizonte?
I am looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Madird for a few days and I found these two hostels on this site. Any further sugestions??
Also, I've read that convents/ monastaries are good places to stay if you don't mind helping out and I've actually heard the same about B&Bs...
If anyone has any info, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx!!!!
Alana

#428 - 09/21/00 11:57 AM Re: HOSTELS IN MADRID
serdar Offline

Loc: ankara/Turkey
hi..
last may I was stay at 'pension antonio' for a week in madrid. it was a simple but nice place...it was 1.800 pesetas for a night..and it is near garn via...and near to metro station NOVICIADO...
I am going to travel madrid next week...and maybe stay in pansion antonio...
have fun...bye

#429 - 09/21/00 12:49 PM Re: HOSTELS IN MADRID
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
Why not try Hostal Chelo? Antonio, who you will see/hear from on this board is in the family business. Check it out!

#430 - 09/21/00 03:07 PM Re: HOSTELS IN MADRID
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
As for B&Bs none of the hostels I know (and I know a few) give breakfast. So hostels are just Bs . Also, I have never heard of places that accept help of their customers in return for room or something like that.

As for monasteries / convents few of them take guests. But it's really difficult to find a place there. From what I've heard, you have to book like 1 year (or even more) in advance and they usually take people who are going to spend a lot of time in a peaceful place to write a book, study...

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#431 - 09/29/00 03:05 PM Re: HOSTELS IN MADRID
DJ Denis Offline

Loc: Belfast, Maine, United States
Alana,

I have a room booked at Hostal Fonda Horizonte for next Wednesday (October 4). They seem very friendly and the price is so low it is almost scary ($18). Assuming that I have not mistakenly booked a room at a brothel, I would recommend the place. I have not actually seen it yet (still in America right now) but it sounds very promising. Good luck!

#432 - 10/02/00 12:24 AM Re: HOSTELS IN MADRID
Heidi Offline

Loc: Beaverton, OR USA
I recently spent four nights at Hostel Horizonte and would recommend it. It was affordable, in a central location, and the management is nice.

It is a little loud at night outside on the street, but a pair of earplugs do the trick.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BeckyK10, jonprice
Who's Online
0 registered (), 163 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments